Mobile data and sim

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Crabacle

Mobile data and sim

Post by Crabacle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:22 am

Hi

Just taken receipt of my Velar (door handle dropped off 4 hours later :shock: ) - back to dealer later this morning.

However - inserted new data sim from Three as instructed:

To enable Mobile data, select the settings icon to access the SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select All settings, followed by Connectivity.

The CONNECTIVITY pop-up menu displays Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Hotspot, and Wi-Fi.

Touch the Mobile Data toggle, to enable Mobile data. When displayed, select Agree to agree to the terms and conditions.

Can’t get past ‘Agree’ - returns back to the toggle every time.

Any ideas?
Evoque..... Disco Sport....... Velar........ Glutton for punishment.....

basel

Re: Mobile data and sim

Post by basel » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Check if you still have the small 4g icon with the notches of the data signal
Velar P250 SE

RichardG

Post by RichardG » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:09 pm

For sim people, I have learnt something since picking my Velar up on Monday. If you buy a sim, mine was from Virgin, the Russian doll styled sims with a nano inside the micro inside the standard, do not give you a compatible micro sim for the reader in the Velar. The engineer in the workshop at my dealer told me this. Apparently, we need "just a micro sim". I have contacted Virgin and they claim to be sending me "just a micro sim". I confess to be a bit skeptical over this, but my micro sim would not connect to a 3G network. It recognised it as a Virgin sim but would not connect.

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:50 pm

That’s not true, yet again poor advice from JLR. I had a three “Russian doll” sim and the sales chap set it up upon collection.
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must after missing it out on the old car) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass.

Previous R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected

RichardD

Post by RichardD » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 pm

I have just purchased a data only SIM card from 3. Worked fine yesterday, but got in again this morning and no signal at all from it. Turned everything off and back on and reinserted the card, but when I go to settings, connectivity, mobile data it just says “reading SIM card” .
Anyone else had this issue?

DangerMouseUK

Post by DangerMouseUK » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:25 pm

90% of the problems I've seen with SIMs personally is people jamming the wrong sim in the wrong way and destroying the SIM slot and then all the dealer do to solve it is order a new one, replace it and then it works again.

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:57 pm

This has happened to me, and I’ve never ejected my SIM so couldn’t have broken it by “jamming.”

No rhyme or reason, just occasionally won’t get a signal. Seems to correct itself. Toggling on/off mobile data fixed it one time as well.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

RichardD

Post by RichardD » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Mine was working fine, and gently reinserted to try to make it work but nothing.
I have tried toggling on/off mobile data but it won’t let me as it wont toggle to off, it always flicks back to on when I try to, and keeps saying reading sim.
Looks like I will have to take it back to dealer, which is a real ball ache

RichardD

Post by RichardD » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Just phoned up Beadles (Southend). They need the car in to investigate....first appt?........7th March!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:19 pm

7th March? That’s a joke,right? My answer would be, that’s the last car I bought from you. Our dealer apologizes if he can’t make it within the same week.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”