Front End Loose/Clunky

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
DangerMouseUK

Front End Loose/Clunky

Post by DangerMouseUK » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi Guys,

As per title, over time does the front end suspension/feel through the wheel start to get a bit loose or when you go over bumps slightly clunky as opposed to tight and rigid. I'm on electronic air suspension but I'm guessing a lot of the mechanics are still the same even without the air components.

Might be just me or might be a pothole from the other day but I doubt it - I remember RR/RRS had the same thing that over time the front end started to feel more and more "loose" is the best way I can describe it.

Not sure anyway wondered how you guys were finding yours as the miles get on a bit.

Thanks

RichardG

Re: Front End Loose/Clunky

Post by RichardG » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 am

Since my Velar came back from a week at the dealer on Friday, I am wondering if I have the same issue with the suspension. Potholes, even small ones, seem very loud and wheels feel "loose" all of a sudden. More the rear than the front end, though. My list of niggles/problems feels like they're growing on a daily basis.

DangerMouseUK

Post by DangerMouseUK » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Ah mine was specifically front end related and I’m guessing it was just in my head from the pothole.

Hope your car is ok though !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRG

Post by KRG » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:30 pm

Mine still feels tight. But no air.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

RichardG

Post by RichardG » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:35 pm

DangerMouseUK wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 pm
Ah mine was specifically front end related and I’m guessing it was just in my head from the pothole.

Hope your car is ok though !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm starting to think mine is in my head too but given all all the faults I'm having to deal with, I'm feeling very sensitive to this stuff. Now I've got two rattles to deal with. The car is going back in tomorrow for the second time to be retested because of an on-going flashing headlight issue. I only picked it up in the second half of January and am finding a new fault pretty much every day. :(

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”