Land Rover Activity Key

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
WInstonVelar

Land Rover Activity Key

Post by WInstonVelar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:30 am

Curious if anyone has added the Activity Key after receiving their Velar. I'd find the very handy for hiking, bike riding and being out on the ocean, so I changed my mind and think its something I'd like... but curious if there are any issues with installing it? I assumed it was just the wristband, but from what I can see, it's two parts: the wristband and an installation kit. Any insights into this?

Arianne

Re: Land Rover Activity Key

Post by Arianne » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Hello WinstonVelar,

I have the Activity Key and I love it. My son bought it for me as a gift from the options list! Repayment for £000,000 we spent bringing him up!

Anyway, the bad news is that it does indeed need a receiver unit to be installed. The good news is that it is available as a retrofit by dealers on the Jaguar F-Pace. It’s more expensive to retrofit on the Jaguar than had it been included in the original order but at least F-Pace owners have the choice, even after delivery.

The Velar and the F-Pace are built on exactly the same production line. They are fundamentally sisters, albeit not twins. So you should ask your dealer to check whether this option exists for you. Don’t be fobbed off if they are ignorant as this enquiry won’t be one they regularly receive. Instead, ask them to check or contact JLR Customer Relations yourself.

Best wishes.

Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, summer / winter tyres & the all important cup holder cover!

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Wasn’t something we were going to have, but as above, one of the best “options” we ordered.

Assuming you’re thinking of retrofitting?

DJ73

Post by DJ73 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Having just ordered a D300 R Dynqmic I have the Activity Key option at £310. Dealer advised I needed to order the wristband separately for another £120? I would have thought all the components would have been included. Anyone else had to fork out for this hidden accessory?

qb87

Post by qb87 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:03 pm

I paid about 500 chf for my activity key and there were no additional costs
But it was worth every penny, works perfectly and as I do like 12 hours different workouts a week it’s very useful to have it
Velar P250 SE R-Dynamic Carpathian Grey, Black Pack, 20" 7014 Gloss Black (summer) / 20" 7014 Silver (winter)

VelarMan

Post by VelarMan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Had it on my First Edition - works a treat. Great for folks who are, well, active! I wear a fitbit so did look a bit odd with a black band on each hand and it took some explaining at 5 a side but who cares :lol:

WInstonVelar

Post by WInstonVelar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Great info. Thanks — I think it worth the retrofit, but this gave me good advice. Thanks all!

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 pm

DJ73 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:57 pm
Having just ordered a D300 R Dynqmic I have the Activity Key option at £310. Dealer advised I needed to order the wristband separately for another £120? I would have thought all the components would have been included. Anyone else had to fork out for this hidden accessory?
All included for the £310. We were given a second band, although two is totally pointless as it lives in the glove box so only need the one.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”