liben96

Re: DON'T DAMAGE THE WINDSHIELD!

Post by liben96 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Why is the calibration needed?
Do you have head up display?

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:03 pm

HUD, yes, that is not involved here. It’s the assistant camera system attached to the rear mirror that needs calibration.

qb87

Post by qb87 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:37 pm

My damaged heated Windshield was replaced within 3 days after damage. I immediately called my JLR service and they ordered the windshield right away. It was delivered the very next day. Great service from the Swiss JLR
Velar P250 SE R-Dynamic Carpathian Grey, Black Pack, 20" 7014 Gloss Black (summer) / 20" 7014 Silver (winter)

dRov

Post by dRov » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Hello,
New member here in the US, unfortunately with a good sized crack in my 2-week-old Velar's windshield as of yesterday...
Was wondering if anyone has any further information on if this is a defect in the glass (as discussed on the 1st page), or if LR UK came to any conclusion on this issue?
Thanks,

mge.92

Post by mge.92 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Land Rover is trying to deny the second windshield replacement due to the small rock impact which they say removes them from being responsible in replacing the windshield even though there is a SSM for the windshield and the investigation not complete yet.
Marc
SOLD - 13 BMW X3 28i, Carbon Black, Fully Loaded, Tuned and Featured on Smoking Tire
18 Velar R-Dynamic HSE D300, Carpathian Grey / Vintage Tan / Ebony, Fully Loaded

ratherbefishing

Post by ratherbefishing » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:42 pm

Having been driving for 37 years and never had a windscreen replaced or cracked, 4 weeks into my Velar ownership it has a large crack in the screen with no visual impact site.
Taking it to the dealer today and I shall report back with my findings.
D180S, Narvick Black, Acorn Interior

Rusticana

Post by Rusticana » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:17 pm

ratherbefishing wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:42 pm
Having been driving for 37 years and never had a windscreen replaced or cracked
Now that is good going!

Twenty years for me and I must have had countless windscreen chipped and cracked.
Range Rover Velar - D240 SE - Byron Blue

ratherbefishing

Post by ratherbefishing » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Well, there was a tiny, tiny stone chip that apparently caused the very large crack. The stone chip was spotted under a magnifying glass and a thinner than a hairline crack led to a 14 inch big crack that is now awaiting repair by autoglass.
Disappointed in this outcome given that in previous cars over the last 37 years, the screen has been hit with sizable objects at speed that have caused no more than minor chips that required no work.
D180S, Narvick Black, Acorn Interior

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:53 am

@ratherbefishing - just make sure they know how to calibrate it.
Joe wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:42 pm
It came as I thought. The 3rd Party class shop was able to order the new windshield on time, but they claimed they couldn’t calibrate the car. Why did I know this would happen? I asked multiple times if they’re able to calibrate the systems and got the answer , yes we can. All BS! If you ask me, that was all a fake information to get me do the windshield exchange in their shop. I can’t recommend to go to a 3rd party for the windshield. No I have a new appointment at JLR in 2 weeks for the calibration. What a waist of time. I was told the calibration most likely won’t be necessary if there is no failure message shown. Well, there is none. We’ll see. I don’t have a good feeling about all of this. How to trust the systems again?
Anyone calibrated his Velar yet?
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:07 am

The replacing technician told me the reason for the windshield to crack from such a minor impact is, it’s a thin windshield to save weight. Happy cracking everyone. 🤦‍♂️