Car Purchase Schemes

The place to discuss everything else..
Fenton

Car Purchase Schemes

Post by Fenton » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Has anyone had any experiences (good, bad or indifferent) using one of the Carwow, What Car? or similar discount schemes?

I was just wondering if LR Dealers put you on the 'B list' for service/warranty response after taking a lump out of their margins, or doesn't it affect them? I was thinking of outright purchase although PCP is an option.

Thanks.

Halifaxian

Re: Car Purchase Schemes

Post by Halifaxian » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:40 am

No issues at all using Carwow. Most dealers have someone dedicated to answering Carwow enquirys . I also don't believe that it's use, for a purchase in anyway ditracts from the level of service you receive once you have taken delivery.
Dynamic SE 180
Silicon Silver
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Acorn
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:28 am

Never had an issue, I go to my chosen dealer with the best car wow price and get it beaten, if they done I’d go with the car wow.

All would be forgotten by the time you need service/warranty work.
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must after missing it out on the old car) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass.

Previous R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected

Fenton

Post by Fenton » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:45 am

Excellent, many thanks. Confidence restored.

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:52 am

Milky400 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:28 am
Never had an issue, I go to my chosen dealer with the best car wow price and get it beaten, if they done I’d go with the car wow.

All would be forgotten by the time you need service/warranty work.
I did exactly this for my Velar. The dealer was happy to make the sale and match/beat the price.

I have to say as well the Carwow dealers I spoke to were all really helpful. Friends have bought from Carwow dealers and had great service before and after.
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

Fenton

Post by Fenton » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:17 pm

Thanks Haybrd, that's good to know.

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:41 am

Late response but I also bought Velar through Carwow. Got a great price and deal as it allowed me to shop around a lot easier. Ended up going for the marginally second best option as they were very much closer - Shukers in Ludlow. The service I got from Shukers was excellent.

Local dealer has since carried out the first service and a couple of small items under warranty with no issues.
December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

Fenton

Post by Fenton » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Thanks Jim, I was worried that these discount schemes (CarWow, WhatCar? etc.) would put me on the B list in the even of warranty/service claims.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”