Range Rover Velar?

The place to discuss everything else..
Syodarga

Range Rover Velar?

Post by Syodarga » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:25 am

Anyone have any thoughts on the new RR Velar?
I saw one the other day and I have to say, it's really nice.

Smaller than the Sport and bigger than the Evoque.
I know many here are always comparing the X5 vs other vehicles before they purchase.
Was wondering if anyone has to started to compare the X5 vs the Velar.

I have a 2017 X5 and I'm seriously considering the Velar as the next car to look at.

Haybrd

Re: Range Rover Velar?

Post by Haybrd » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi Syodarga,

Not sure what you mean by the “new” Velar? Have you spotted a prototype version out there? I’d guess there would be an update due to the existing Velar late this year or early next.

I’ve not compared my Velar to an X5 but did seriously consider the X3 as a competitor (in fact it was between the two of them in the end). I loved the drivability of the X3 compared to the Velar. I’d had a 3 series once upon a time and loved the BMW feel. The things that swayed me to the Velar over the X3:

- The look of the Velar. It’s up there with Aston Martin for looks IMHO.
- I wanted an SUV that although rarely will be tested could handle what was going to be thrown at it off road.

- The interior of the Velar is as striking as the exterior.

- The virtual cockpit in the BMW wasn’t as good. It was like they got half way through designing it and stopped (Audi have nailed it though I think!)

The X5 I’m presuming is larger than the Velar so that might have an impact on your decision but I’d certainly give a Velar a year drive and see what you think! Lots of useful info on here that will help guide you. I’d certainly look at the D300. It’s a beautiful engine!

Good luck whatever you decide.
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:07 am

Haybrd wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:31 pm
Hi Syodarga,

- The look of the Velar. It’s up there with Aston Martin for looks IMHO.
That it is......

And agree, to me nothing in its class pulled me like the Velar did.

29DA59F1-013D-4365-A4D5-CCB16B4DD2C1.jpeg

D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass. Now sold. currently a D5 owner who still misses his Velar

Previous R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:08 pm

Milky400 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:07 am

That it is......

And agree, to me nothing in its class pulled me like the Velar did.
That is a beautiful driveway!
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

geniusloci

Post by geniusloci » Mon May 04, 2020 2:11 am

Haybrd wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:31 pm
Hi Syodarga,

Not sure what you mean by the “new” Velar?
May be the SVA? It sure looks really different, to the point I like it... as a separate car. I mean I love it, It's just beautiful (especially in the matte Byron blue), just don't feel it's the same model by looking at it, it lost so much of its "ready to pounce" stance in favor of being more... RRS-ish outside.
ImageFirst Edition D300 HSE in Silver Flux Matte, Cete Automotive Active Sound, MOMO RF-04 wheels Pirelli Scorpion All Season tyres