Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Paint options...

29K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  Davegrillo 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have an appointment on Saturday with a dealer to place an order for my Velar with September delivery...

Unfortunately the colour option I selected is being discontinued! (Carpathian Grey). :?

Therefore I'm a bit stuck as to whether to opt for Aruba or Silicon Silver instead... I wonder which looks best in the flesh.

Opinions welcome!

Thanks.

#27 ·
This came into my dealership and I was sold on the combination, now sitting outside and getting plenty of positive comments.

Colour is Aruba, R-Dynamic, Black Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass and Satin Dark Grey 10 Spoke.

Aruba is one of those colours you need to see first hand, can have a faint gold tint in certain lights, other times it looks almost silver.

Attachments

#30 ·
Some lovely colour options I had never seen before in different light conditions. Aruba is quite good. Carpathian Grey is way too dark for the Contrast roof to show to full effect. But nice in an all-too-British sort of way. We love our greys. Santorini Black can look so good with big alloys and the R-dynamic trim.

They should have a good on any new Corris Grey orders. Lol.

#32 ·
momknowsbest said:
mge.92 said:
Here is my Carpathian grey with satin "stealth" ppf just for comparison
This is amazing detailing!! Mind if I ask if this is done when placing order or after delivery?? We are awaiting our Velar Baby in Carpathian Grey in 2 weeks time!!!! Soooooooooooooo excited!
It is done after. Depending on your location there various places that can do this including Topaz, Dub Customs, and GVE as well as various other outlets.

#34 ·
mge.92 said:
Here is my Carpathian grey with satin "stealth" ppf just for comparison
Hey there, would you be able to send me a bunch of more pics of your CG satin wrapped velar!? I take delivery of my CG velar this week and am wanting to get it done in Xpel satin and would love to see what it looks like in regular light and different angles. My c63s coupe has the magno matte factory AMG paint and I love it, have it wrapped in the xpel satin ppf to protect the paint. Thanks so much. kent_kirkland@yahoo.com

#36 ·
P380NarvikEclipse said:
Haven't seen Marc post in a little bit, but here's a few from his trip to Nurburgring: https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=469

If you search his posts, you'll find some more. He is also @stealth_velar on instagram with a few more pics.
Car has been in the shop for the last four months. Thanks for the tag. Just getting frustrated at the build quality and service. There should be more updates soon when they fix the car as well as my next car the Jag Project 8 which is coming at the end of the month. Looking forward to the Jag :D . Also planning a trip to the nurburgring again :lol:

#37 ·
Just saw your other post Marc. Can't believe it's been out for 4 months :shock: very sorry, and hope they provide proper compensation for being without it for so long! Keep us posted and let us know when the jag arrives though. Should be a fun one.. beastly!

#38 ·
Probably Carpathian is being discontinued because they only did the velar in that colour while they are on the same platform as the Jaguar. Probably cost cutting.
Im also stuck because we wanted the carpathian.
Its eithe corris amd black roof or santorini now.
I am afraid of the marks on the santorini. What do you think? Also, what seat colours go with the santorini?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.