New Software

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
aus1ander

Re: New Software

Post by aus1ander » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:27 pm

Perhaps its only fully released in North America? I am in the US and got the phase 4 / 18B software installed yesterday. It took 3 hours (big update) and is miles better than the original software that shipped with my car. I had a lot of annoying bugs on the original software and this seems much more stable. There is OTA update functionality as well.

Ccuthbe1

Post by Ccuthbe1 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:51 pm

I'm in Australia and got the update over a week ago, so not limitted to on US. Its was described as Phase 4 by the dealer here.

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:29 pm

J77 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:28 pm
My dealer says there no outstanding campaigns for my car so won’t be getting any updates :roll:
I would tell them that your software is very buggy (screens randomly not working/glitching, USB or Bluetooth connection issues etc) and then see what they say. Some dealers won't want to do work unless there is an issue reported. If they think your existing software is working fine, then they won't do extra work.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior

J77

Post by J77 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:33 pm

I already made them aware of a couple of issues I’ve had since the last update. It’s in the dealers at the moment with EGR issues, after being recovered by LR Assist, so still waiting to find out what’s happening about that. It’s the second stay at the dealers and it ain’t 6 months old yet.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Computer says no 😂😂😂

They search wrong. This is not car specific, but model specific. Entering the VIN won’t help.

maitology

Post by maitology » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:55 am

Is the OTA update functionality intended to update all aspects of the car in future or just maps/infotainment

sddawson

Post by sddawson » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:46 am

maitology wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:55 am
Is the OTA update functionality intended to update all aspects of the car in future or just maps/infotainment
Doubt that anyone knows that yet, but it will be interesting to see what happens when the first update shows up...

mrgandfriends.co.uk

Post by mrgandfriends.co.uk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:07 am

Morning all

So Phase 4 done on Friday and all went smoothly. Dealer was relieved too having had a recent bricked Velar which is still with them trying to be resolved.

All seems pretty stable, nothing really new to speak of but niggles which were there seem to have gone.

ICTP Spotify for me still an issue that you can select anything apart from recent playlists and then once playing you can do anything at all on the screen - but I’ve come to terms with the fact that’ll just never work for me.

Only snag was yesterday (and I’m putting this down to a) the hot weather and b) software still bedding it. Was that the climate system refused to switch to sync and auto and would just switch off ..... didn’t matter what you did it wasn’t playing ball.

A full engine stop and systems shut down rectified this and on restart it was ok - but a little weird.

Apart from that good progress so then next test will be an OTA update as and when it released.

Still love driving the car though it’s such an awesome vehicle.
Range Rover Velar, D300 HSE R-Dynamic, Corris Grey, Panoramic Sliding Roof, 21" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5047' with Diamond Turned finish, and a driver that smiles from ear to ear.

Crabacle

Post by Crabacle » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:12 pm

Mines been in for 2 days for a couple of things, including I hope a software update. I was on 17c.10 and it’s had numerous issues. Will be picking it up later as the software update ‘took some time’.
Will see what I get.
At least I’m hoping that USB to iPhone is now working, that it stops crashing, and is a tad bit quicker than the slug that was 17c. Oh - and would be nice to be able to use my InControl Apps (if they were any good).
Evoque..... Disco Sport....... Velar........ Glutton for punishment.....

mrgandfriends.co.uk

Post by mrgandfriends.co.uk » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Crabacle wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:12 pm
Mines been in for 2 days for a couple of things, including I hope a software update. I was on 17c.10 and it’s had numerous issues. Will be picking it up later as the software update ‘took some time’.
Will see what I get.
At least I’m hoping that USB to iPhone is now working, that it stops crashing, and is a tad bit quicker than the slug that was 17c. Oh - and would be nice to be able to use my InControl Apps (if they were any good).
Have to say had a good drive today and the ICTP Spotify app worked like a dream - no disconnected of sound at all and the app did drop out occasionally but restarted on its own and just no interruption of play. Deffo more stable and almost as it should have been from day one!

The only thing I did notice was my phone was running blisteringly hot when plugged and ICTP launched - that could just be the nuts weather we are having at the moment tho.
Range Rover Velar, D300 HSE R-Dynamic, Corris Grey, Panoramic Sliding Roof, 21" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5047' with Diamond Turned finish, and a driver that smiles from ear to ear.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”