Range Rover Velar Forum banner

New Software

224K views 565 replies 91 participants last post by  zmanrx350 
#1 ·
Got some new screens with my new software flash from today;

Going to check iPhone connectivity and report back !

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#405 ·
liben96 said:
AndreaZangani said:
liben96 said:
Interesting...
It would be good to know if the update could be installed using a pendrive (as many of us dont have the sim slot) :(
Probably you could use your mobile phone as a hotspot, just guessing
I cant use my mobile phone as a hotspot. That option is not visible in my software version (i have phase 4) :(
Your car can't connect to an external WiFi??? Oh I feel sorry :(

#408 ·
Is anyone having these problems with the Phase4 / 7447 update?

1) Still get issues connecting to incontrol apps - doesn't detect the connection, or complains that the connection is lost, or takes so long to connect that the screensaver comes on the phone and then it cannot connect

2) The forward/back buttons (to change track) on the steering wheel have a huge delay i.e. press button 10+ seconds later (sometimes not at all) the track changes. Note that if you press the button on the main screen the track change is instantaneous

Just wondered if anyone else is seeing this?

Cheers
Nick

#409 ·
Raptronix said:
Is anyone having these problems with the Phase4 / 7447 update?

1) Still get issues connecting to incontrol apps - doesn't detect the connection, or complains that the connection is lost, or takes so long to connect that the screensaver comes on the phone and then it cannot connect

2) The forward/back buttons (to change track) on the steering wheel have a huge delay i.e. press button 10+ seconds later (sometimes not at all) the track changes. Note that if you press the button on the main screen the track change is instantaneous

Just wondered if anyone else is seeing this?

Cheers
Nick
Yes the first but i'm Ok with the second

#411 ·
Well I have to say generally I've been pleased with the update and it's been a huge improvement certainly for my car!

Glitches of course but they seem to sort themselves out on their own now, for example the top screen on occasion just folds flat then restores to my set position????

Connectivity using a cable (my preferred option) seems stable and for the first time since having the car Spotify via ICTP works almost seamlessly with all buttons functioning.

So for me it's a thumbs up but without down JLR school report would say Must Try Harder!!!

#412 ·
Just been told by my dealer that Phase 4 software has been pulled by LR due to it crashing vehicles. But Phase 5 is due out in the next couple of weeks in readiness for the new reg in the UK.

#416 ·
Are these updates done as you wait at the dealer? How long does it take?
I popped in to Lloyd Carlisle to enquire but service dept was closed and the two receptionists didn't seem to take kindly to me asking as it interrupted their non work related conversation.

#419 ·
Think i will wait for Phase 5 before i get mine booked in !

Be interesting to see if it will be sent out "Over The Air" to all you Phase 4'ers

#420 ·
MBvelar said:
Think i will wait for Phase 5 before i get mine booked in !

Be interesting to see if it will be sent out "Over The Air" to all you Phase 4'ers
Works fine as long as you have a premium account. They do a trial but it's only a month and I found the app to be pretty stable.

Since Phase 4 though Spotify has been on the money so that's my preferred option. Although now need to figure out how to stop the ICTP screens to stop finger prints lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#421 ·
Does anyone have the actual release notes for phase 4 software? Just picked up my Velar (without the latest update which is annoying) and trying to decide if I should have them do the update or wait awhile for the next reversion. So far nothing is really bothering me. Response times are a bit laggy sometimes and the steering wheel controls are quite slow when navigating the menus on the digital cluster. Other than that I'm a happy customer.

#422 ·
Hi all, just a quick question, are you all being informed by your dealers about these available updates, or are you chasing the dealer yourself?

I have herd nothing from my dealer since I collected the car in January regarding software updates, it has not been the best experence with the dealer so I assume the updates will be done when it is serviced

#424 ·
Andyvelar said:
Hi all, just a quick question, are you all being informed by your dealers about these available updates, or are you chasing the dealer yourself?

I have herd nothing from my dealer since I collected the car in January regarding software updates, it has not been the best experence with the dealer so I assume the updates will be done when it is serviced
I don't think you can rely on it happening at service time either, if you don't insist that they do the updates. If you're happy with your car's electronic performance , and aren't interested in new features (eg some voice commands for navigation), then why pursue the updates? If you have issues or want the latest features, you'll have to be proactive.

#425 ·
Customers should be entitled to updates for the warranty period without begging a dealer. Especially as each one cocks something else up.

Anyway, anyone heard about update 5? According to some rumours it's due next month and supposed to be the best yet.

#426 ·
I was told by my dealer that Phase 5 is due out this month in readiness for the new reg (UK) but we all know how dates can change

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.