Range Rover Velar Forum banner

New Software

224K views 565 replies 91 participants last post by  zmanrx350 
#1 ·
Got some new screens with my new software flash from today;

Going to check iPhone connectivity and report back !

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#552 ·
i've just got off the phone from my LR dealer who has just come out of a meeting and confirmed that Apple car play will be available as an option from factory builds in December 2018. It can be retro installed and they think the cost will be around the £200 mark. I mentioned some people already have had it on recent updates and I was told some customers are being randomly selected to trial the software and it's not part of the new update.

#553 ·
HolyGhost469 said:
So I talked to my service manager here in Dallas, Texas. I was told that we are getting this update next week, and it's version 5. It's the one with Apple Carplay, I was told this fixes every bug that people have been having trouble with.
Which dealer was this, Land Rover of Dallas? I reached out to Park Place Land Rover yesterday but haven't received an answer yet.

#554 ·
lawly74 said:
i've just got off the phone from my LR dealer who has just come out of a meeting and confirmed that Apple car play will be available as an option from factory builds in December 2018. It can be retro installed and they think the cost will be around the £200 mark. I mentioned some people already have had it on recent updates and I was told some customers are being randomly selected to trial the software and it's not part of the new update.
Being randomly selected to trial software, that's a new one :roll:

How do we become randomly selected? Sounds iffy to me.

I don't think I'll pay for the pleasure to have something that cars a fraction of the Velars cost come with as standard.

#555 ·
Ive got apple car play on my 2017 Ford Kuga St Line and to be honest I never use it. It seems to shut down all other functionality of the Ford system so I've switched it off., therefore I won;t be paying extra for it on the Velar .

#556 ·
Shutting down Land Rovers system is maybe worth paying £200 for :lol:

To be honest though it should be offered as a goodwill gesture to current owners who have had terrible time with their Velars software.

#558 ·
KRG said:
HolyGhost469 said:
So I talked to my service manager here in Dallas, Texas. I was told that we are getting this update next week, and it's version 5. It's the one with Apple Carplay, I was told this fixes every bug that people have been having trouble with.
Which dealer was this, Land Rover of Dallas? I reached out to Park Place Land Rover yesterday but haven't received an answer yet.
Park Place Land Rover DFW, in Grapevine, next to the airport.

#559 ·
HolyGhost469 said:
KRG said:
HolyGhost469 said:
Oh good, that's my dealer too so hopefully I'll get the same response. Park place has great service. After reading the nightmare stories people seem to have with the UK dealers I'm glad I at least don't have to worry about that. If you have a great service advisor, PM me their name. The guy I always work with recently moved.

#562 ·
KRG said:
HolyGhost469 said:
KRG said:
Oh good, that's my dealer too so hopefully I'll get the same response. Park place has great service. After reading the nightmare stories people seem to have with the UK dealers I'm glad I at least don't have to worry about that. If you have a great service advisor, PM me their name. The guy I always work with recently moved.
I know, I'm like "I know the service I get goes over and above from what I've been used to". So I'm stunned when I read these stories of bad service in the UK. I'm sending you his info now.

#566 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.