Range Rover Velar Forum banner

New Member Potential Order

6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  CookieMonster 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

New member, was at my local land rover dealership at the weekend looking at a potential order for a Velar in narvik black D240 SE, pan roof, black pack, oyster/ebony interior, 21'' alloys and ambient lighting. Initial monthlies came out something silly, in the £800's. Having a look at carwow I was getting about a 7.2% discount which was working out still about 100 a month out of budget.

I've been having a look at dropping to the D180 which would most likely fall in budget and seems quite popular with everyone on here but was concerned with the lack of power. Coming from an S3 saloon I wasn't expecting any of the engines to blow me away but not sure if the 180 will be too underpowered for such a big car.

Stevie.

#2 ·
My advice would be to go book an extended test drive in a D180 and drive it as you would normally and then decide if you can live with it
(Do the same for the D240 if you need to), you will certainly get a much better idea of suitability versus the prospect of asking for other peoples opinions.....
Because in this instance, the only opinion that matters, is your (informed) one.
In my experience, peoples perceptions and expectations are all (very) different and may not necessarily match yours.
(Which is why we don't all buy the same model, spec and colour vehicle)

#3 ·
Try Stoke Land Rover (STRATSONE) salesman called AZ . They were doing a deal nicknamed 429.00 deal

Ive ordered an r-dynamic se D180 with a few extras for sub 500.00 a month with a 429.00 deposit. Gets delivered next month.

I don't know whether or not that deal is still on going but worth a phone call.

#4 ·
Daws4137 said:
Try Stoke Land Rover (STRATSONE) salesman called AZ . They were doing a deal nicknamed 429.00 deal

Ive ordered an r-dynamic se D180 with a few extras for sub 500.00 a month with a 429.00 deposit. Gets delivered next month.

I don't know whether or not that deal is still on going but worth a phone call.
I actually seen that, as far as I know its still available, the only issue was I'm sure it was only up to 5k miles per year. I've had a look at selectcar leasing, business was coming out circa 560 with personal about 650.

#5 ·
RichWilkie said:
My advice would be to go book an extended test drive in a D180 and drive it as you would normally and then decide if you can live with it
(Do the same for the D240 if you need to), you will certainly get a much better idea of suitability versus the prospect of asking for other peoples opinions.....
Because in this instance, the only opinion that matters, is your (informed) one.
In my experience, peoples perceptions and expectations are all (very) different and may not necessarily match yours.
(Which is why we don't all buy the same model, spec and colour vehicle)
I had the d240 out at the weekend, was actually quite surprised with it and was happy with the power. Definitely need to try the d180 when I'm back home and see how it compares.

#6 ·
D180 which lacks power would be good on efficiency so depends on your preference. D240 is a better engine and has a good punch compared to D180 with decent fuel economy. Also one bit to keep in mind is how long are you willing to wait and does your dealer have enough slots to order the build. be sure to check that once you are ready with your spec and options.
In terms of costs carwow is a good site for getting offers and you would find a better deal for sure if on PCP. However most dealers who would come back to you with good offers wouldn't have a car in stock or shorter wait times. Currently they are saying Jan end or early Feb..

#7 ·
zoban17 said:
D180 which lacks power would be good on efficiency so depends on your preference. D240 is a better engine and has a good punch compared to D180 with decent fuel economy. Also one bit to keep in mind is how long are you willing to wait and does your dealer have enough slots to order the build. be sure to check that once you are ready with your spec and options.
In terms of costs carwow is a good site for getting offers and you would find a better deal for sure if on PCP. However most dealers who would come back to you with good offers wouldn't have a car in stock or shorter wait times. Currently they are saying Jan end or early Feb..
Coming from the S3 I wasn't after the power, more economy as I'm travelling for work a lot more now and comfort as the S3 springs are horrific so the D180 probably would be fine. The stratstone offer is still available on the D180 R dynamic SE (Which I believe is a higher standard spec than the SE I was looking at albeit the D240) with £439 deposit and £439p/m, 3.9%APR which seems like an absolute steal so wondering what the catch is :roll:

#8 ·
Stevier said:
zoban17 said:
Coming from the S3 I wasn't after the power, more economy as I'm travelling for work a lot more now and comfort as the S3 springs are horrific so the D180 probably would be fine. The stratstone offer is still available on the D180 R dynamic SE (Which I believe is a higher standard spec than the SE I was looking at albeit the D240) with £439 deposit and £439p/m, 3.9%APR which seems like an absolute steal so wondering what the catch is :roll:
no catch it's the way finance modelling is done to keep payments low. :) I didnt find your offer on their website but came across another one which if you see closely looks like a good offer but customer deposit is £12K hence the payments come lower for a D240 R Dynamic SE version.
On The Road Price £58,510.00
Finance Deposit Allowance (FDA) £0.00
Customer Deposit £12,160.00
Total Amount of Credit £46,350.00
Purchase Fee (included in final payment) £10.00
36 Monthly Payments £499.00
Optional Final Payment £35,670.00
Total Amount Payable (inc FDA) £65,794.00
Duration of Agreement 37 Months
Representative APR 5.9% APR
Interest Rate (Fixed) 5.75%

Suggest you speak to them and i am sure they would work out a better deal than the one on their website.

#9 ·
zoban17 said:
Stevier said:
zoban17 said:
no catch it's the way finance modelling is done to keep payments low. :) I didnt find your offer on their website but came across another one which if you see closely looks like a good offer but customer deposit is £12K hence the payments come lower for a D240 R Dynamic SE version.
On The Road Price £58,510.00
Finance Deposit Allowance (FDA) £0.00
Customer Deposit £12,160.00
Total Amount of Credit £46,350.00
Purchase Fee (included in final payment) £10.00
36 Monthly Payments £499.00
Optional Final Payment £35,670.00
Total Amount Payable (inc FDA) £65,794.00
Duration of Agreement 37 Months
Representative APR 5.9% APR
Interest Rate (Fixed) 5.75%

Suggest you speak to them and i am sure they would work out a better deal than the one on their website.
I came across it by looking at their website, was a deal for the R dynamic SE and R dynamic available. they put me through to Newcastle land rover which was the closet to me and they came back with £1500 deposit £499 a month for a narvik black R dynamic SE D180 with pan roof, privacy glass, extended leather & ambient lighting, also extended the annual mileage from 6k to 8k.

#10 ·
I've tried the D180 in the Disco Sport, it's a good enough engine, does the job really. I can't say I noticed a big drop in performance over my D240.

#11 ·
Stevier said:
I came across it by looking at their website, was a deal for the R dynamic SE and R dynamic available. they put me through to Newcastle land rover which was the closet to me and they came back with £1500 deposit £499 a month for a narvik black R dynamic SE D180 with pan roof, privacy glass, extended leather & ambient lighting, also extended the annual mileage from 6k to 8k.
I looked at the previous £429 offer but found out on the last day so didn't have time to move forwards with it. I am coming from an m135i (so similar to the S3) and do wonder if the performance drop off would bother me over the 4 year term once the "newness" had worn off. Of course this is traded off against many other plus points.

I have also been considering the £439 deal. Have you worked out if the cost of the extras, paint roof etc is discounted or is it just on top (1500 deposit + 47 * the additional £60 = 4320)?

I think from memory pan roof is about 1100, paint about 650 and tints around 350 so around 2100 for that bunch of options. Not sure how much lighting, leather and increased mileage is worth?

#12 ·
CookieMonster said:
Stevier said:
I looked at the previous £429 offer but found out on the last day so didn't have time to move forwards with it. I am coming from an m135i (so similar to the S3) and do wonder if the performance drop off would bother me over the 4 year term once the "newness" had worn off. Of course this is traded off against many other plus points.

I have also been considering the £439 deal. Have you worked out if the cost of the extras, paint roof etc is discounted or is it just on top (1500 deposit + 47 * the additional £60 = 4320)?

I think from memory pan roof is about 1100, paint about 650 and tints around 350 so around 2100 for that bunch of options. Not sure how much lighting, leather and increased mileage is worth?
That was my main concern mate, I have it mapped so it's pushing 400bhp. I'm hoping the comfort and more luxery interior won't make me miss it too much.

Ambient lighting was £205 and £625 for extended leather total options was £2955 OTR was £58,450 the dealer came back with £507 a month based on that with 6k miles but that wasn't enough for me so got it to 8k per annum and the dealer came back with £499 a month! I'm just waiting for the paperwork to come through and firm all the figures up and place the order as i think that's a not bad deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.