Range Rover Velar Forum banner

So, what did you do with your Velar today ?

84K views 262 replies 53 participants last post by  zmanrx350 
#1 ·
#53 ·
Yes, thanks :)

Went to my garage to measure my D5 roof bars and sun protector to get ready for shipping, coming back into the house I tripped over, and fell like a telephone pole sideways and hit my head on the edge of the granite workop

Out like a light for a couple of seconds. Head still hurts
What was the strangest - for people that know me, I got a bruise on my arm from the fall.
This is the third bruise of my entire life (50 yrs old !) I just dont bruise.
Once rolled a tractor down a hill - it had a cage but no belt, was bashed to bits cuts everywhere - but no bruises.

Still, importantly, I was able to get the measurements over to bigdave promptly ( disco4 courier ) to quote for shipping costs for my buyer.

#56 ·
Lmao

#57 ·
Cleaned out the boot, removed dog cage - ready for towbar fitting

Looked at the new 20" wheels, decided compared to 22's they aren't very pretty, though they are better suited to my lifestyle

Keeping my eyes out for a set of 21's in gloss black.........

#58 ·
Had a lovely morning driving around in the new velar I picked up this morning. The only issue is that it's not mine 😢 stratstone have kindly lent me one for a few days as away for anniversary and birthday trip. Still have to wait a few weeks for my one to arrive. I've fallen head over heels driving it around today my only regret is that I didn't order the massage seats in mine, didn't think I would use them but honestly haven't turned them off since sitting in it, amazing option and if I could I would add but it's too late :(

#59 ·
Cleared out the boot in preparation for the dealer fit towbar tomorrow.

Looked over the many dents and cracks from the deer strike

Wondered how much that will cost

#60 ·
Checked remote location to make sure it was at the dealers.

#61 ·
Picked up car with tow bar fitted
Forgot you loose the towing eye point when a tow bar is fitted :(

Currently having winter tyres fitted

#62 ·
Took a trip up to the lakes, just over a 5hr drive with 1 comfort break and didn't feel tired at all.

Attachments

#63 ·
Fitted a travall dog guard and divider - what a faking shit job

Have done loads of these before, the Velar is bar far the worst @custom@ travall product I have ever purchased
Took 2 hrs and still not perfect
The angle of the roof mounting arms is incorrect by a lot..

Makes for a lot of fettling

OCD people - look elsewhere.

#66 ·
tspdavey said:
Nowaytk said:
Took a trip up to the lakes, just over a 5hr drive with 1 comfort break and didn't feel tired at all.
Wow. Where is this? Is it your place or rented?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish it was my place, but sadly no. Would highly recommend it, nothing like relaxing in the hot tub watching all the leaves wizz by at 70mph :lol:
Bit too windy to venture out tonight so will have to curl up in front of the log burner later, 😂
Booked with Hoseasons, Brayton Park Estate Aspatria, Wigton, Cumbria,

#67 ·
Nowaytk said:
Hmmm, can you give a review after you leave as it looks wonderful. I suspect they me about to get a whole slew of bookings :D

#68 ·
Jim55 said:
Nowaytk said:
Hmmm, can you give a review after you leave as it looks wonderful. I suspect they may be about to get a whole slew of bookings :D

#69 ·
Monthly visit from valeter today, car looks fantastic again.

Tyre warning light on for left rear tyre. Checked it, 31 psi instead of 34. Other 3 were all 32.

Now all running at 34.

First time they've been adjusted since March when I got it.

#70 ·
I need someone to do a monthly valet.
Hard to find near me ( tunbridge wells )

#75 ·
B

But small

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.