Range Rover Velar Forum banner

New to the Forum

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Nick 
#1 ·
Morning all!

I'm Marc, i've recently bought the Velar P380 HSE R-Dynamic in Santorini Black.

Really impressed so far, having previously had a 58 Range Rover Sport and just recently the Audi RS3, i wanted to get something in between.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Been a busy few weeks so only just had chance to catch up on the forum. When i bought the car I decided against the Autoglym pack offered by the dealership where i bought the car, instead i got a guy i know to then do a full detailing. The photos are from 'details of perfection' in Sheffield after they'd done their work.

Really happy with the job they did - Snow foam and decontamination, machine polish and ceramic coating. Looks even better in the flesh, but the photos do it some justice.

In the mean time I've also had chance to give the car a good run out and and also test some of the toys by going on a long weekend drive to northern France. Mostly motorway driving, but as i'd owned the 2008 Range Rover Sport i know that the 4x4 capability will be decent.

The car really is well kitted out, things i loved on the RRS such as the Adaptive Cruise Control are as good (and something i missed on the Audi). Land Rover have taken this on and the Lane change assist, blind spot monitor, auto headlights are all really cool features. The missus loves the heated seats as they're better than previous ones, but i tried the cooling seats and the massage is really a decent touch on long journeys.

The app is great, cool little features like starting the car before i leave the house and locking/ unlocking are decent. Not had chance to use the pano roof properly as the weather has been poor.

Things that niggle me - No coolbox in the centre console. No temperature control in the back (this might be something to do with the features on the car i bought), however the climate control in the front seems to run a hot and cold cycle where it heats to above temp and then drops to below.

Save this until last, Performance wise the car is really impressive. turn the dial, drop into Sport, drop into Sand mode and get on the paddles and it drives like a GTI (albeit an overweight one in the corners).

I've had more comments on this car than any other vehicle i've owned. Very Happy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.