Range Rover Velar Forum banner

D275 Ordered

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Nick 
#1 ·
Afternoon all,

Been looking at the forum over the past few months but ordered the Velar on the 20th Nov waiting for March 1st delivery! Not sure how I am going to be able to wait that long but waited long enough in my decision. Had been looking at the RRS, X5, Q7 and GLC but always came back to the Velar.

Ordered on the 20th of Nov and had notification that its currently being built. R-Dynamic SE D275 Corris Grey, 21" 1033 Black Wheels, Sliding Pano roof, Black Pack, Heated Steering wheel, No Derivative or engine badge, No roof rails.

Getting it booked in for Side Steps by Urban as they are down the road from me and will look at the full kit in a year or so.

Looking forward to keep reading all the posts.

Thanks
Martin!

#4 ·
chapperzsayz said:
Hi Martin,

Great choice - we have almost specced the same car. I went for the sound system over the panoramic roof but tempted to add it on in addition.
Yeah i was tempted with the upgraded sound system but i have a Jag XE with the same system and tbh its pretty good so went for the roof. Its far better then what i had in my BMW or the Wifes Audi S3!

#6 ·
chapperzsayz said:
What made you go for the d275 over d300 mate?
Looking at the performance difference between the D275 and D300 there wasn't a big enough difference to warrant the extra. If the 275 didn't come with the twin exit bumper then I would have gone for the 300. As the 275 is just a de-tuned 300 worse case the the future if I feel I needed it I can always get it mapped but I don't think there will be a massive difference.

#7 ·
I'm currently driving a D300HSE R Dynamic Velar - I am blown away by it.
It does boil down to your driving style and what you want out of it.
Normally the range is like captain slow take easy wobbly wobbly drive - the Velar has changed this
The D300hse in the S mode omg short runs I have a massive smile all the time long journey M -way again no issues going above the 70 mark😉 You dnt need another sports car.

This is truly one of the best things I have driven.
Previous list
BMW X5 x drive m sport 4.0d
Bmw M3
Porsche Cayenne
Porsche pan
Merc E250 cdi
Oh can't forget the good old mk1 golf gti 😉

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.