Range Rover Velar Forum banner

The Race is On

119K views 419 replies 60 participants last post by  Marto27 
#1 ·
A page dedicated to recent orders and who gets out of the holding pool first, build date etc

Bit of fun

Mine was ordered 30th October - Stratstone Stoke

GAP email last night!

#327 ·
Puppeteer UK - strange that you ordered from Aylesbury on 07/11 and not yet been given a build date. I ordered 2 days before you on the 5th and received a date in December (for March).

Absolutely no idea how these dealers operate, confidence is reducing especially after today's announcement.

Only bit of hope is that people are still taking delivery of new Velars.

#328 ·
It has been a while, I spoke to the dealer before Christmas and he said it would be March but I had no confirmation. I will leave it until Monday and then send in the 'Big Guns' (My Wife) to batter them into submission.

Those JLR staff must be distraught, with this coming straight after Christmas. It is over 12% of the UK work force. It has been blamed on China slow down (-50 sales) and of course, the Bain of all Brits lives at the moment, Brexit.

#329 ·
*****BREAKING NEWS******
Just had Stratstone Stoke on the phone my build dates has been confirmed as 8th March. He told me that all 130 Velar orders on the deal have now got build dates. They are currently making calls to all those held in pool and now allocated build dates.

#332 ·
Strange as it may seem I phoned JLR customer services , got through straight away and was pleasantly surprised at how helpful they were. I enquired about my order, they had me on file but no build date etc so they logged a case number.....low and behold I got " the" call today that my build date has been allocated approx 2 hours after I phoned JLR ! However when I look at the order config form it does show that it was produced at 10am today so just a coincidence .....no conspiracy theory here !!

#333 ·
Halifaxian said:
It really is a bargain, an expensive one but still a bargain !
It's only money :D

It really is a great deal especially after seeing the latest Q1 offer :eek:

Halifaxian said:
Strange as it may seem I phoned JLR customer services , got through straight away and was pleasantly surprised at how helpful they were. I enquired about my order, they had me on file but no build date etc so they logged a case number.....low and behold I got " the" call today that my build date has been allocated approx 2 hours after I phoned JLR ! However when I look at the order config form it does show that it was produced at 10am today so just a coincidence .....no conspiracy theory here !!
I had a few conversations with JLR customer services and was very impressed with them. Saved chasing the dealer who was a little poor in communication....

#334 ·
Good news indeed. Salesman is out of the dealership until Tuesday so will not have an answer before then. Then again response is slow so might try JLR customer services considering the positive feedback. To be fair I'm happy for the build to be delayed as lease car does not go back until May. Assuming that if stratstone stoke have some build slots the same should be said for other stratstone dealers?

#336 ·
Curious to see what updates 19.5 brings. On a separate note if you look to order a car on coast to coast cars or uknewcars it lists apple car play and android auto as no cost standard options but there is no mention of this in the brochure. Hopefully the Velar will come with this activated as I use the text message functionality quite a bit and Spotify. Suspect google maps may need to be used occasionally considering the nav is probably under par.

#337 ·
Just reading through the past couple of days messages on this topic, I'm really pleased that you all seem to be finally getting some movement on your orders ... I was lucky to get my Velar in December and everyday I still pinch myself when I get in it . I'm sure you've all seen the current Stratstone deal ..we really are lucky to get the deal we got. There's no way mrs D would have given an 8 grand deposit the green light .
On a side note my MY19 didn't come with ACP but got it fitted within a week as a software upgrade for free, I'm getting to grips with it now . Ive got ACP in my ford kuga and don't use it as it overrides the Ford system . In the Velar you can use it solely or , like I'm doing, playing music through ACP then i can revert back to the velar home screen or nav etc. I'm liking the flexibility in flipping between the two .......

#338 ·
VERY pleased to confirm had a call today and my estimated delivery date is the 6th of April but this could be brought forward into March! Ordered 2nd of November, Stratstone Stoke On Trent.

#340 ·
Ordered my D300SE on 3/11/2018 was told yesterday dealer is exspecting it on the 22/3/2019

#341 ·
Ordered D300HSE R Dynamic in Indus Silver on 28th October - arrived today at the dealer . Hope its not A Friday afternoon car - my current Sport has been fantastic - no issues in 3 years of ownership .

#342 ·
I have finally got a build date... :D 15/2/19 with an estimated delivery in mid March. May have done a little wee of excitement :oops: . Finally have confirmation that something is happening.

My dealer told be that due to the Stratstone Velar deal out pacing their allocated slots, they had to wait for all the other dealerships to finalise their requirements and what build spaces were left were then allocated to the Stratstone overflow.

So anyone else waiting on their Stratstone deal build date confirmation should hear soon I am sure.

#343 ·
Puppeteer UK said:
I have finally got a build date... :D 15/2/19 with an estimated delivery in mid March. May have done a little wee of excitement :oops: . Finally have confirmation that something is happening.

My dealer told be that due to the Stratstone Velar deal out pacing their allocated slots, they had to wait for all the other dealerships to finalise their requirements and what build spaces were left were then allocated to the Stratstone overflow.

So anyone else waiting on their Stratstone deal build date confirmation should hear soon I am sure.
Mines is 15/2 as well .. Car twins :lol: :lol:

#346 ·
Finally received an update and velar will be built first week of March and with dealer a couple of weeks later. Looks like all the holding pool stratstone orders might be making their way through the system. I ordered mine on the 13th Nov. If you have not received any updates you may need to follow up with your salesman as he did not proactively update me instead I had to chase for answer. Yet again crap customer service. Feel like a 2nd class Land Rover customer.

#347 ·
I think we have to accept that somthing happened at JLR that has prevented all that took the Velar Dynamic SE offer up from receiving their cars in a timely manner. What that issues is / was perhaps we will never know. It now looks like we are all getting cars built in March delivered in April so panic over I believe. It such an amazing deal and as contreversal as it may seem perhaps we all are a tad lucky to be on the receiving end of such a great offer ?? On a positive note I visited Bolton JLR today and what a place that is an amazing showroom very very impressed and the staff, to whom I explained about the deal I'm on, showed me the swatches and leather samples and wished they had more velar stock as the car is in high demand both new and used. If your ever over Bolton way call in it's an impressive set up but don't expect to see many Velars!!

#348 ·
Picked mine up from Sturgess Leicester . Car is amazing - was worried coming from a Sport that would find it too small but actually find it refreshing to be in something more involving and what a great place to sit . No issues - great handover and dealer experience - car looks great and no rattles or software issues . Early days and hopefully a sign that JLR are getting their act together . Today was a great day .

#349 ·
Absolutely gutted to see the Stratstone orders are filtering through after I had to take jump and go for Disco Sport that had a guaranteed build date within my time scale. Now the Velars are being built at the same time.

Hope all you patient orderers enjoy your cars. I just couldn't risk the car not being built in time.

Sure I'll enjoy my DS for a little while but is always going to be second best 😭😭😭

#350 ·
gazb84 said:
Absolutely gutted to see the Stratstone orders are filtering through after I had to take jump and go for Disco Sport that had a guaranteed build date within my time scale. Now the Velars are being built at the same time.

Hope all you patient orderers enjoy your cars. I just couldn't risk the car not being built in time.

Sure I'll enjoy my DS for a little while but is always going to be second best 😭😭😭
Has someone definitely taken over your original order? May be worth an ask?! If it's meant to be and all?

#351 ·
Superfly said:
gazb84 said:

Sure I'll enjoy my DS for a little while but is always going to be second best [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
Has someone definitely taken over your original order? May be worth an ask?! If it's meant to be and all?
Or just order again if you can cancel the disco?, the only reason to pick the Discovery Sport would be to get it in that awesome orange [emoji521] [emoji23]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.