Best dash cam for a Velar?

The place to discuss everything else..
Nachos

Best dash cam for a Velar?

Post by Nachos » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Hi all, Nachos here. I just wanted to make a quick post because there are so many different dash cams out there, and we have all heard so much about them, so I wanted to know if anyone here has a dash cam in their Velar.

I feel like this would be a better place to ask rather than asking someone who has a different car.

Second of all, where is the best place to purchase said dash cam from? I would love to know. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone

AnthHFC

Re: Best dash cam for a Velar?

Post by AnthHFC » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:02 am

Nachos wrote:Hi all, Nachos here. I just wanted to make a quick post because there are so many different dash cams out there, and we have all heard so much about them, so I wanted to know if anyone here has a dash cam in their Velar.

I feel like this would be a better place to ask rather than asking someone who has a different car.

Second of all, where is the best place to purchase said dash cam from? I would love to know. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone
I got mine fitted on my RCZ at Halfords they can hard wire it in so you don't see wires or in my BMW my wife just has the one that you plug into the power point and have a dangling wire...

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Halifaxian

Post by Halifaxian » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:26 am

I'm going to Halfords next Saturday (hopefully get my car Friday) to look at options. I want a hard wired fit that's unobtrusive. I'll let you know my recommendations IF I get my car next Friday !
Dynamic SE 180
Silicon Silver
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Acorn
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

herobad92

Post by herobad92 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:09 am

I would highly recommend buying a Dashcam which doesn't have Wi-Fi enabled, or at least one which allows you to turn it off. I have a Blueskysea B1W in my Velar and the Wi-Fi interferes with the DAB / FM radio signal meaning ~25% of the time I have no radio signal.

Regarding having it hard wired, it's actually pretty easy to install one and hide all the cables without hard wiring it in. I have mine installed behind the rear view mirror with the cable routed under the edge of the headlining, under the door seal and then under the passenger seat and plugged into the 12V socket in the rear.

AnthHFC

Post by AnthHFC » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:50 pm

herobad92 wrote:I would highly recommend buying a Dashcam which doesn't have Wi-Fi enabled, or at least one which allows you to turn it off. I have a Blueskysea B1W in my Velar and the Wi-Fi interferes with the DAB / FM radio signal meaning ~25% of the time I have no radio signal.

Regarding having it hard wired, it's actually pretty easy to install one and hide all the cables without hard wiring it in. I have mine installed behind the rear view mirror with the cable routed under the edge of the headlining, under the door seal and then under the passenger seat and plugged into the 12V socket in the rear.
Good tips.. Thanks

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Have Nextbase dash cam fitted at Halfords, hardwired into fuse box .

Neat job and no wires showing.

Would recommend
R-Dynamic S D180 - Fuji White - Black Pack - 20" Style 7014 7 spoke Gloss Black - Privacy Glass - Panoramic Roof - Scotland

Halifaxian

Post by Halifaxian » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:47 am

Thanks Mac...any pictures ??
Dynamic SE 180
Silicon Silver
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Acorn
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Have the dash cam fitted next to mirror, I don't even notice it is there when driving.

IMG_0707.jpg

R-Dynamic S D180 - Fuji White - Black Pack - 20" Style 7014 7 spoke Gloss Black - Privacy Glass - Panoramic Roof - Scotland

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:32 pm

herobad92 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:09 am
I would highly recommend buying a Dashcam which doesn't have Wi-Fi enabled, or at least one which allows you to turn it off. I have a Blueskysea B1W in my Velar and the Wi-Fi interferes with the DAB / FM radio signal meaning ~25% of the time I have no radio signal.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not looking for anything too fancy with all these extra features like wifi etc, I'm more just looking at something which will get the job done at A) deterring anyone from misbehaving on the roads/doing anything to my car and B) being able to prove my account of events if im ever in an incident.

im not too concerned about having it hard-wired but I might do it myself, it all depends when I have the dash cam really, then ill decide how to install it.

KLRichards

Post by KLRichards » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 am

Mac wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:50 pm
Have the dash cam fitted next to mirror, I don't even notice it is there when driving.

IMG_0707.jpg
Noticed you had the mount stuck to the "dotted" area on the screen. I was told that you aren't supposed to stick anything on that area, as it can effect the auto sensors (rain sensor, I guess).

As you have done that, do you know if that's ok or have I been fed some rubbish device. Its something that has been putting me off dashcams, as sticking them below or to the side of the "dotted" area, just puts the cam in the way.

With all the cameras on the cars these days, rear, front, side even, I don't understand why they cant offer a dashcam option that isn't obtrusive and makes use of the cameras on the car.
Range Rover Velar 2.0 SE (R-Dynamic) - White with Black roof, Black wheels and Black pack.... (finally arrived :D )

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”