Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Leasing Company Blocking Remote App

7K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Anil12 
#1 ·
I am due to take delivery of my Velar HSE on Friday, and have just been advised the following "I'm afraid Arval do not allow any connectivity apps to be activated due to data protection" does this sound right? Therefore the Remote system will not work? I have never heard of this

This is the same for most leasing companies they say????

#2 ·
What data is stored? You have to open an account but you could do that.... strange.

I guess when you return the vehicle, if they were to forget to deactivate the account then you could track it

#3 ·
Thats crazy. Who's data protection? They won't have any access to the car, only you with an InControl account.

LR Finance certainly don'r block anything. I bet if you set up an account it will work - unless they have some agreement with LR to doable it which I very much doubt. Its a feature of the car - like taking away the sat nav due to data protection...

#8 ·
My second lease first was a jag with lex it fully worked ,the velar is with lease plan and fully works .the account is you name not the lease companies so you just delete it when you hand it back . When you get the car just download the remote app to your phone and set it up with the vin number and see what happens . If it does not work just go to Land Rover dealer and tell them your are having trouble with setting it up don't let on it's a lease car.

#9 ·
My wife's car is a A35 with leaseplan and I had to ask them for permission and sign a document stating that I will disconnect all remote services upon returning the car. So suggested by Kevshep just download and see what happens.

#10 ·
Cobaltblue said:
I lease my car ! I am the registered keeper. I have the V5 document, plus I have a remote app and my contract is with JLR through black horse finance so not sure what RichWilkie is talking about...
If you have the V5 document and your contract is with JLR via Black Horse Finance, then it is likely that you are on a PCP and not a lease.

In the event you are still not sure what I am talking about, Google the differences between a lease and PCP.

https://www.buyacar.co.uk/car-finance/873/car-leasing-vs-pcp-explained

You would NEVER have the V5 document on a lease.....

There are also different financial/tax implications for a Lease and a PCP (Personal Contract Purchase) agreement. You should be very aware when you sign documents as to what you are signing.

When leasing a vehicle its is merely a hire agreement, off balance sheet and you do not own the vehicle (you won't have the V5)

#13 ·
Probably worth highlighting that there is a difference between PCP (where you are likely to be the registered keeper) and PCH where the leasing company/funder is the registered keeper which applies to the OP.

Good luck with the car, please do share pics. I also got a similar deal through Pink and mine is due end of the month.

#14 ·
Well car arrived from Pink Car Leasing / Arval today, thanks to original poster who hi-lighted the Velar HSE deal. Am very pleased car was as described just no book pack which driver said there should have been but Arval say they don't have one now?? Also as they said whilst I can get the app on my phone the in car app will not recognise my email so phone app still shows all the old data, it is still in there compound in Aldershot with delivery mileage. Not sure what I can do to activate

Attachments

#16 ·
RichWilkie
Technically The DVLA emphasizes that the person who is named on the registration document, which is sometimes also known as a V5 document, may not necessarily be the owner and that a V5 is not proof of ownership. It may be a PCP but I'm not the owner...the car can be taken from me should I fail to pay the monthly arrangement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.