Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Velar unlock Shortcut

36K views 73 replies 26 participants last post by  leggyfoot 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I created a shortcut for the iPhone that can open your car. The beautiful thing is that you can add Siri to the shortcut so you can say: Ehi Siri unlock my velar, and it will unlock the car!!! It's so cool trust me. So I thought about sharing it with you:
http://ceesty.com/w43hxF

What you have to do is open the shortcut and fill your car information, the VIN, username, password and app pin is needed, but don't worry those details are not shared with anyone beside Range Rover, the shortcut is saved on your device and you can even see on the shortcut detail that only Range Rover APIs are used. Let me know what do you think, and if it works for you!

#7 ·
I also was alerted to this being malware and my iPhone blocked this.

Won't trust this!

#8 ·
I had a dig around, Anyone thats worried about safety should take a look here
https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/6250319/RznBMzqo?version=latest

He is using JLR APIs, the same as what the Official App uses, so nothing dodgy is going on
You can even look at the syntax of the iOS shortcut he created and create your own shortcuts for other car functions to be controlled with Siri

#9 ·
Ok, happy to give Marco the benefit of the doubt. But so far my iPhone registers is as malware and subsequently blocks it.

#11 ·
It's not necessarily malware. Until you have run at least 1 shortcut before, the option to allow it to be downloaded is not available. Just run any shortcut then go into options - shortcuts then you can select the option to allow unauthorised shortcuts. Once this is done you can download it and make your own judgements about its safety.

#13 ·
tspdavey said:
marcocarnevali said:
Hello guys, I created a shortcut for the iPhone that can open your car. The beautiful thing is that you can add Siri to the shortcut so you can say: Ehi Siri unlock my velar, and it will unlock the car!!! It's so cool trust me. So I thought about sharing it with you:
http://ceesty.com/w43hxF

What you have to do is open the shortcut and fill your car information, the VIN, username, password and app pin is needed, but don't worry those details are not shared with anyone beside Range Rover, the shortcut is saved on your device and you can even see on the shortcut detail that only Range Rover APIs are used. Let me know what do you think, and if it works for you!
Thanks but how about you remove the ad page and just post a link directly to the shortcut download?

My phone is blocking it from downloading (adblocker)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, this is the direct link: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/fa3eb48da29247648fe9c7409e84066e

#14 ·
BootneckShuffle said:
It's a great idea

Think I'll wait until something official is reported on this
Generally iOS doesn't have malware at all especially through an apple official app (shortcuts). After you install it the only thing someone could do with a shortcut is steal your credentials, but before writing down username and password it's always better to understand where you are going to write it. Shortcuts it's beautiful because it's easy to read. So if you open it, you will see every command used with every link used. It's like an open source software but easy to read.
I understand if you don't trust it but generally talking for every shortcuts, you can see where things goes. I use JLR public APIs so everything is shared only with them.

#15 ·
The JLR Remote App already offers the ability to remotely lock and unlock the Velar. It also allows you to remotely start the Velar for remote climate control, so why would you want to use a third party option?

Personally I find walking up to my vehicle and unlocking it with a touch of my finger and getting in works perfectly well.

IOS 13 also now has a SHORTCUTS app which could essentially allow you to configure shortcuts to automate certain actions on your phone, again possibly safer than a third party alternative.

#74 ·
I agree, stick with the official app which even reminds you if the vehicle is left unlocked. The app also lets you view other data such as past journeys, warnings and of course remote lock/unlock and start. You also have the added benefit of knowing you are safe using this app as it is genuine Land Rover.

#16 ·
RichWilkie said:
The JLR Remote App already offers the ability to remotely lock and unlock the Velar. It also allows you to remotely start the Velar for remote climate control, so why would you want to use a third party option?

Personally I find walking up to my vehicle and unlocking it with a touch of my finger and getting in works perfectly well.

IOS 13 also now has a SHORTCUTS app which could essentially allow you to configure shortcuts to automate certain actions on your phone, again possibly safer than a third party alternative.
Well I created it for myself. The official app works, but I think (at least for me) that it's too slow to lock and unlock the car, I find it easier with this shortcuts. But in either way as you said with shortcuts you can create automations and beautiful things, something with the official app you can't do as JLR doesn't support it. Last but not least with this shortcuts I just say: Hey Siri unlock my velar, and it unlocks its beautiful! At least for me, I'm a tech lover

#17 ·
marcocarnevali said:
RichWilkie said:

Well I created it for myself. The official app works, but I think (at least for me) that it's too slow to lock and unlock the car, I find it easier with this shortcuts. But in either way as you said with shortcuts you can create automations and beautiful things, something with the official app you can't do as JLR doesn't support it. Last but not least with this shortcuts I just say: Hey Siri unlock my velar, and it unlocks its beautiful! At least for me, I'm a tech lover
Non voglio provarti, tuttavia, il Velar ha già i suoi detrattori per quanto riguarda il software, penso che aggiungere una terza parte non testata nel mix non sarebbe la migliore idea. Ma è solo la mia opinione. Possiedo un'azienda tecnologica, mi piace anche la tecnologia, tuttavia Velar è qualcosa con cui non sento il bisogno di giocherellare quando si tratta di software, principalmente perché non voglio che nessun software o Siri prevalgano potenzialmente su alcun software per veicoli , ora o in futuro.

#18 ·
RichWilkie said:
marcocarnevali said:
RichWilkie said:

Non voglio provarti, tuttavia, il Velar ha già i suoi detrattori per quanto riguarda il software, penso che aggiungere una terza parte non testata nel mix non sarebbe la migliore idea. Ma è solo la mia opinione. Possiedo un'azienda tecnologica, mi piace anche la tecnologia, tuttavia Velar è qualcosa con cui non sento il bisogno di giocherellare quando si tratta di software, principalmente perché non voglio che nessun software o Siri prevalgano potenzialmente su alcun software per veicoli , ora o in futuro.
Guys I don't understand this hate for this service. I spent an entire day to create this shortcut for me, because I liked the idea and I still like how it perform. I studied their APIs for an entire day, I created my shortcut and then decided to share with people that loves his Velar like I do. I really don't understand where is the problem, if you don't like it, don't need it, don't trust it just don't download it :cool: .

P.S: Little suggestion for everyone, I'm seeing that a lot of people doesn't know what shortcuts is or how it works. Well whenever you have time, just take some minutes to understand it because other than this it's really helpful for a tons of automations that could really help your life!

#19 ·
I think it's great
Yes the app can do it, but simply saying hey Siri open velar, or hey Siri start car is a great idea, and it's just the beginning of what is possible
Without having to fiddle about with your phone

This is exactly why Apple created the shortcuts application, it's for users to push the envelope like this

Don't worry about it Marco, people are always behind the curve, in a few months they will all be gagging for user created shortcuts

This is how it was when the AppStore first started and people were moaning about 3rd party apps, well you can see how that turned out

#20 ·
I certainly don't "hate" the offered service, Marco. I also believe by now it's genuine and I think it's great that you offer it to fellow Velar owners. For that, kudos to you!

Now, if I have my iPhone in the inside pocket of my suit jacket when walking to my car and I say "hey Siri, unlock my car", will this work?

#22 ·
marcocarnevali said:
basel said:
marcocarnevali said:
... the VIN, username, password and app pin is needed, but don't worry those details are not shared with anyone beside Range Rover
:mrgreen: of course ... I enter my credentials ... and should I feel comfortable? But please ... :mrgreen:
What do you mean with this?
I beg your pardon Marco ... I misunderstood that message ... I even thought that your account had been taken by someone else ...

Your report about the API is really interesting.

Great job, thank you.

#24 ·
Thanks for sharing Marco.

I'm using latest ios and managed to get this working yesterday! A good 5-10 seconds between asking Siri to "unlock velar" and the doors actually unlocking. But still a cool feature.

Now for your next challenge... can you create a "lock velar" shortcut? :)

#26 ·
Could possibly be down to my network connection, it's poor in my area. Will have another play around with it later!

Am i right in thinking that it will unlock even if the key is not in range? Just have to be careful not to say the command when out and about if so!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.