Range Rover Velar Forum banner

InControl Touch Pro 20B released

28K views 79 replies 33 participants last post by  Simonh 
#1 ·
Incontrol 20B install OTA today :D

I see that the "Terrain-Response" is No longer located on the rotary dial !

Which is better i think, makes it easier to change climate temperature from the vehicle screen tab

#28 ·
So 20B downloaded and installed via OTA.
Seems quick, stable and in general welcome!

Absolutely love the fact that the dials are now both to set aircon temperature (leaving drive modes to the touchscreen).
Oddly my sat nav map in the info panel on the digital dashboard goes to a very close junction mode (which I dont need as I have it on the HUD) and I cant find any way to revert it just to a normal map view (within the info panel area) - ANy ideas how i can fix this?

Any new features noted at all?

#29 ·
GSudhir said:
I had the pop up for the install today for 20B and got it installed today.
Apart from the change in soft controls for the drive mode settings, I haven't seen any major differences. However, I noticed that the suspension didn't drop to access height when I opened the door. I thought this must be something to do with the upgrade being completed only on the next reboot.
Later, I went back to the car to check up on the completed installation and reboot; the car had completed installation and booted up with 20B and the rotary control was not controlling the vehicle settings as expected. But the ride height did not drop this time either when I opened the car! I shall check this again tomorrow.
Any one else experienced this issue?
Yes!! I had noticed that the (suspension) access height does not drop when I opened the door until almost a minute later (noticed it when I had the tailgate opened). Not sure if this is a setting thing (unlikely) but will look again.

#30 ·
SpokenHands said:
So 20B downloaded and installed via OTA.
Seems quick, stable and in general welcome!

Absolutely love the fact that the dials are now both to set aircon temperature (leaving drive modes to the touchscreen).
Oddly my sat nav map in the info panel on the digital dashboard goes to a very close junction mode (which I dont need as I have it on the HUD) and I cant find any way to revert it just to a normal map view (within the info panel area) - ANy ideas how i can fix this?

Any new features noted at all?
There appears no way to stop this (IMO very confusing) junction view on the dash. It's deselected on the main Nav screen so I would have expected it not to appear on the dash. The system really needs a separate set of settings for the navigation screen in the dash. Not tried it with Full Map set yet as I prefer the have a proper speedo rather than the small digital read out. Ideally a single dial setup with Map on one side and trip info (or something else) on the other side, but there is no option for Map in this mode, only Trip, 4x4 Info etc.

#34 ·
frankynight said:
the latest version August 2020
20B1 (S20B1_20.30.2-578440)Velar 20B1.jpg
Thanks. Must be a quick bug fix to 20B for is to appear so soon afterwards. Will tap 'Check for Updates' tomorrow &#x1f44d-1f3fc;

#35 ·
Okay - so, I am NOT a fan of the new UI changes. I liked the rotary dial to change my drive modes!! :( I also dislike that both dials are for the temperature. If I can't have my rotary dial for the drive modes, I at least want one dial for the temp and one for the fan speed. If anyone knows of a setting I'm missing for this, I'd be appreciative.

#36 ·
Agree. The dials should replicate how they are on the Climate screen. With fan on passenger side and Temperature on the drivers side. Then push the dial to change to temperature / seats etc for the passenger.

Would've been more logical and less awkward for the driver to turn fan speed down (the A/C can get very cold from the face vents).

#37 ·
Simonh said:
frankynight said:
the latest version August 2020
20B1 (S20B1_20.30.2-578440)Velar 20B1.jpg
Thanks. Must be a quick bug fix to 20B for is to appear so soon afterwards. Will tap 'Check for Updates' tomorrow &#x1f44d-1f3fc;
Anyone else seen S20B1 yet? My Nav and Live constantly log out now plus I have no data connection since this afternoon. Hope this B1 release fixes that.

#41 ·
Simonh said:
Agree. The dials should replicate how they are on the Climate screen. With fan on passenger side and Temperature on the drivers side. Then push the dial to change to temperature / seats etc for the passenger.

Would've been more logical and less awkward for the driver to turn fan speed down (the A/C can get very cold from the face vents).
On climate...next to the passenger side dial, press the fan button and it makes the passenger dial fan speed again.

#42 ·
Adsgofast said:
Simonh said:

On climate...next to the passenger side dial, press the fan button and it makes the passenger dial fan speed again.
Yes I know that ;)

Thing is it's a small target to hit when driving so would prefer the same dial functions as when on the Climate screen so as the sole occupant I can easily adjust temperature and fan speed without taking my eyes of the road.

#44 ·
Fully agree with comments about the AC changes. Definitely a step back in usability.
Also, the Apple Car Play functionality seems to have taken a hit, at least in my car. Tidal and Apple Music either don't work at all now or are excruciatingly slow, and TuneIn also has slowed down. This may be a connection issue, but it certainly wasn't a problem until the latest update.

#45 ·
So have the new update S20B1_20.30.2-578440 installed OTA yesterday.
Can't say I have noticed anything different
Does anyone have the release notes for this S20B1 update please?

G
#48 ·
Hello,

Hope someone can help. For the last few days I've had a warning on start up from the tyre pressure warning system to say my spare tyre needs more air. I've checked it twice and it's adequately inflated (I even put a little bit more in). The warning has not reset and wondered if anyone had any ideas or similar experience.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

#49 ·
Claytonevans said:
Hello,

Hope someone can help. For the last few days I've had a warning on start up from the tyre pressure warning system to say my spare tyre needs more air. I've checked it twice and it's adequately inflated (I even put a little bit more in). The warning has not reset and wondered if anyone had any ideas or similar experience.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks
No but you might want to post this as a new thread as you've popped in on a thread about a software upgrade.

Arianne

#50 ·
S20B1 upgrade
I had this pop up in my car today... only 6MB.
It downloaded and installed; I am yet to notice any difference.
I wish JLR did put some notes alongside the SOTA pop ups so that one knows what to expect!

#51 ·
PSA - Check your data allowances (LR supplied Ubigi SIM) !!

Register your SIM in the Ubigi app or their website to get allowance usage updates.

https://jaguarlandrover.ubigi.com/getting-started/

Since S20B/B1 my car has gone through all its 500MB of allowance and eaten another 200MB in 4 days (Ubigi gave me 200MB on 11th as a good will gesture).

Not once in 12 months of ownership have I ever reached the allowance limit. Car is used less than usual since all the lockdowns etc. too and sits on the drive most of the week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.