Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Sat Nav logout

17K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  MikeJL 
#1 ·
Good morning. First time poster. Had my 2020 Velar for a couple weeks so far and am loving the drive comfort and cabin quality.

I'm having a problem with the connected sat nav whereby I have to log back in every second day.

Apologies if this is a well known issue, I did try searching the forum but nothing jumped out.

Very appreciative of any help you can offer. Thanks.

#2 ·
Long time known issue I'm afraid, and very annoying. Not been fixed as a bug ever even though it's been reported to LR many times.

#4 ·
Yup - same here - really annoying..... If LR customer services are reading this please pass on to the development team?

#5 ·
I've got an active case with LR on this. 20B didn't fix it, so waiting for their next suggestion.
Will update here if they come up with anything useful.

#6 ·
It's not universally experienced though. With some trepidation, I can say that I cannot remember the last time I needed to login to our SatNav. I am on software v20B. All good.

I wonder why some cars are prone to this and others are not?

I hope it gets sorted.

Arianne

#11 ·
Actually nothing works. All data apps won't connect or just show the updating spinner for ages. Recent destinations are crazy old in the car and the Route Planner app. Like months old even though I have synced destinations many times in the past.

Data used is 134MB (it's reset each month so I can keep track) so not at the 500MB limit.

Anyone else seeing connectivity issues?

Remote works fine as this is the embedded SIM.

#12 ·
According to cars web browser and now also confirmed by the Ubigi app which I just installed, I have no data left!!! Yet the car shows I have only used 143MB since its monthly reset. I've never been anywhere near running out of data in the past and based on the car I still have plenty left. Emailed Ubigi support so lets see how responsive they are.

Bloody irritating.

#14 ·
MarcusGVA said:
I too have to log in more often than not, I'm afraid.
Me too on regular occasions and especially since the S20B update. This seems to have culminated in the LR supplied Ubigi SIM apparently having no data allowance left after only a few days. Only used the car a few times at the weekend too so it's extra weird.

#15 ·
Seems I had no data left after all which is a shock as I've never run out in the year of owning the car. I only use the Ubigi SIM for navigation and on the odd occasion, for Weather. I also only ever use CarPlay for music.

Ubigi have very kindly added some data to the account as a good will gesture which is very much appreciated.

#16 ·
Wow, will need to check the data issue today, as my Tidal and Apple Music apps have pretty much stopped working since the latest 20b update yesterday.

#18 ·
MarcusGVA said:
Wow, will need to check the data issue today, as my Tidal and Apple Music apps have pretty much stopped working since the latest 20b update yesterday.
Get the Ubigi app. You need the SIM number. Then you can see what data is left out of the 500MB allowance. Mine seems to use around 20MB a day at the moment without using the cars Nav or Live.

If you use Apple Music or Tidal then that data comes via the phone not the cars SIM.

#19 ·
You're right of course. Apple Music and Tidal use data via my iPhone subscription. I have an unlimited data plan, so that shouldn't be a problem

As for the JLR supplies SIM card, I was given 15GB when I picked the car just under a year ago. I live in Switzerland, so the Ubigi app os not relevant, but I can't remember anymore how to check my data status.

#21 ·
Also if you have never reset the counter then go to Settings, Connectivity, tap the Mobile Data item (anywhere other than the on/off button) and you should see usage. Will show how much data has been used between each reset. If its set to reset each month then your out of luck for working out overall use and what you have left.

#22 ·
Hi SJB - I am another SJB & have had my Velar since 1st April 2019 - I have exactly the same problem & have had since I HAD THE CAR.

The vehicle has been back to the dealer a large number of times for software updates - the last time was 24th July & despite this being 'the fix' the software wipe & reinstall failed to resolve the problem.

JLR were temporarily engaged with this - I have had two case numbers & actual dialogue with JLR's Customer Experience staff but then they just go to ground - this is really frustrating because the dealer has no real idea; JLR don't want to know & I am left with a defective vehicle.

There are also occasional glitches - screens go black from time to time. They usually come back but there have been occasions when I have had to stop the car, turn everything off & lock the vehicle. Then start again which clears the problem.

You will also likely see the download icon appear in the top left of the upper screen - my vehicle will take 4-5 days to download whatever it is & while this is going on it causes problems with hands-free phone usage.

I haven't said much since December because I thought folk were just getting bored with my posts so while I am sorry you have similar issues I am also glad it isn't just me being singled out for special treatment by JLR!!

I hope you get yours resolved - we can share further updates.

Good luck - enjoy the rest of the vehicle - if it wasn't for this the Velar would be absolutely fantastic.

#23 ·
As a note to everyone experiencing this same issue, back on 27th June one of JLR's technicians came to my house to run a diagnostic check on my vehicle. His diagnostics suggested multiple issues which led him to believe that the 'IMC' needed replacing.

He reported back to my dealer who then contacted me saying that all was required was the software update - I questioned this & also spoke to a JLR Customer Experience person - I was assured this would fix the problem - the car spent another day at the dealers on 24th July - see above.

I have also been asked if I have the latest version of Route on my IPhone, what IPhone do I have & what IOS am I running - all are red herrings. I had all of this last year.

It is the car that logs me out - nothing to do with the app, phone or IOS!!!

I think there is a defective batch of controllers & JLR know it - they don't want a mass recall!!

Persist with your dealer, lobby JLR directly & hopefully we will get this fixed.

#25 ·
I think mine is now downloading 20B1 - it started yesterday morning on my journey back to the West Midlands from Barmouth - admittedly poor reception for part of the journey but it will likely take the best part of the weekend to finish the download!!

I have no idea how much data I use but have never gone over my data limit in 16 months. I only use the navigation system & such downloads, anything else is via my IPhone. If I hit the limit I will let you know.

I struggle to understand JLR's response to this issue with the navigation system - I really believe they are sticking their heads in the sand & hoping everyone will just get so fed up they will go away. Unfortunately it won't.

#26 ·
JLR have asked me to download 20B1 & insist that it is available for my car but the car says there are no updates available, so now they have referred me back to the dealer.
I've had a similar story to sjbatpsl, with requests for iOS version & telling me that various software updates will fix the problem, none of which have. It used to work OK, & started logging out sometime last year. Can't remember if it followed a software update or not, could well be hardware related.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.