Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Strange Charging issue on P400e

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Joe 
#1 ·
The car reported Fully Charged but showed it was only 2/3rds charged....

Even disconnecting and reconnecting made no difference, it wouldn't charge any more.... I had to start the car and move it a little, then reconnect and it started charging again!

View attachment 4453

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
GreyPaint said:
The car reported Fully Charged but showed it was only 2/3rds charged....

Even disconnecting and reconnecting made no difference, it wouldn't charge any more.... I had to start the car and move it a little, then reconnect and it started charging again!

IMG_4589.jpeg
Has it recently been into the dealers for any software updates? Just to confirm has the HOLD button on the lower screen changed position to being in the middle just under the stop/start button.

#4 ·
GreyPaint said:
Just checked - it is still on the Left. Still on V8 software - it was in dealers for InControl shared secrets issue, but they didn't update to latest software.
Ok just check next time you go out whether the engine start stop is working ok, the engine stops when you come to a stop. Mine went in for a software update and the update took the engine start stop offline so car would not use EV mode.

#5 ·
Ok, when I am in EV mode, if I press the A button, for the stop engine - it starts the engine and doesn't do back to EV only, until I stop... then press to turn off the A button... Seems silly that you cannot have Auto engine off, but still run in EV mode when you want, without pressing the A on and off!

#6 ·
If you have the auto stop start set to OFF the EV mode doesnt work. This is correct operation, what i had and it has now been rectified is that when in HYBRID mode the car would initially set off in EV but once the engine had started due to it being required it would not the turn off - even if i tried selecting EV only. This has now been rectified after a complete reinstallation of software on all 31 modules.

#7 ·
It's stated in the user manual that EV is stoped when auto start/stop is deactivated. Reading does educate 😉

The following conditions may prevent the EV mode being enabled, or may prompt an engine restart if the EV mode is already active:
- Selecting Sport (S). See AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION.
- Mud ruts or sand program is selected. See TERRAIN RESPONSE OVERVIEW.
- A steering wheel paddle shift is used to select a gear. See AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION.
- The wade sensing feature is currently active. See WADE SENSING.
- The auto stop/start system is deselected. See DEACTIVATING AUTO STOP/START.
- The vehicle's battery charge levels are too low.
- The vehicle's batteries are not at the required operating temperature.
- The vehicle's current power demand exceeds the electrical power capability, displayed in the instrument panel's power gauge. See HYBRID VEHICLE INFORMATION.
- High demand from the heating and ventilation systems.
- The bonnet is opened.
- The ambient temperature is less than -4°C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.