Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Issues with RR Velar

8K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Joe 
#1 ·
I just bought a brand new Velar R-Dynamic HSE D300 a few weeks ago. After a few days of use there were many problems with the gear shift (communication between the gear and the motor). After installing again all the software during a half day stay in the service station the car died completely in the next 100 km use on a high way (I was lucky to manage it correctly without suffering and/or causing any injuries on the highway). It was a week ago, I still do not get my Velar back, the Range Rover assistance provided for 5 days a 15 years old seat leon (with the current value of 1,000.- Euro, instead of the 110,000.- Euro price value of my Velar).
Did you experienced any similar? Should I contact my lawyer to get back my money instead of getting back a useless car (my Velar)?

Thanks for your advice!

P. Speedometer Automotive design Gauge Trip computer Font
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Assume this is a joke

Last time I had LR assist out they were faultless. Had a replacement Evoque within 2 hrs.

#7 ·
Somewhat tongue in cheek...... the Seat is in good shape considering the age. Nice paintwork and the water beads nicely. Clearly just one previous careful owner!

More seriously though..... did you buy your Velar from a Main JLR dealer? I would have thought that JLR Hungary would insist upon a minimum service standard from their dealerships.

My dealer provided like4like Velars when ours was in the workshop. And they even paid for my family to enjoy our evening meal at the start of our Austrian ski holiday as a statement of good faith as part of their steps to back up their words of apology for the issue we had experienced with action and deeds (it was a nice meal by the way!).

Clearly, things are different elsewhere. But I am keen to understand if the OP bought his car from a full, authorised JLR dealership. If so, I would recommend you contact JLR Hungary (or whichever organisation looks after that territory) and share this sad story with them. I don't think they would find the provision of a 15 year old Seat acceptable!

Arianne

#8 ·
Its probably just a local distributor in Hungary and not JLR per se . . .

http://www.jlr.hu https://www.jaguar.hu https://www.landrover.hu

I'm guessing is the long and short of it. Either way get in touch with JLR and get them to kick the distributor up the ass - not on at all.

Also that Seat is not good at all - like for like and at least within the brand again JLR UK wouldn't be happy about that.

#9 ·
Well, I wouldn't have driven the Seat in the first place. I would have asked if this is his last offer for a temporary replace while the Velar is in service. And informed the dealer that you'll call JLR customer service in UK right from his store. I would had called UK customer service and asked if this is their understanding of premium brand. If this wouldn't work out, you're sure JLR is not for you and call a lawyer right away.
Our dealer in Germany do only have JLR. So there is nothing else to offer as replacement.
Good luck! And really sad to see this.

#11 ·
Thanks for all the comments and advice. I bought the brand new Velar 6 weeks ago (but did used only for a few trips as I'm traveling 6-800 km/day only on highways) in the official Land Rover/Range Rover dealer in Budapest. I had accepted the seat as it was late evening far away from my home town and the Velar did not worked at all (died completely: I got 2 official witnesses: 2 police guys who would punish me as I was parking in the middle of the road junction with my Velar in a high traffic: my Velar died there).
I just shared the story to get feedback measuring that it is a Hungarian local level of LR/RR services or it is general with LR/RR worldwide, as It is (or was) my first RR in my life.
Thanks again. I will turn back to the german premium cars (porsche, audi and BMW) as I did it in the last 12 years (3 BMW X5, 1 Audi TT, 1 Audi A8L, 1 porsche panamera, 1 BMW 530XD).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.