Range Rover Velar Forum banner

New Software

224K views 565 replies 91 participants last post by  zmanrx350 
#1 ·
Got some new screens with my new software flash from today;

Going to check iPhone connectivity and report back !

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#153 ·
Wolfie said:
I do find the subject of the glitchy software worrying. Car due for collection tomorrow and fingers are crossed that all will be well.

My reason for nervousness is that I (in effect) rejected my 2017 Full Fat due to ongoing software issues. On that model, they changed the infotainment unit from previous years and the system was fitted only to 2017 cars (2018 having the Velar type unit). I didn't have faith at all that JLR would put any resources into fixing a problem affecting only a small number (in manufacturing terms) of cars. Hence I didn't take up their offer of a replacement vehicle.

However as the Velar unit is now being widely deployed, I do think that JLR will get their act together and get the unit fixed. We might face some glitches in the short term but I'm convinced they'll get there. The sheer cost of all these vehicles going back for warranty based updates can't be helping the bottom line, let alone future lost sales if everyone gets fed up and abandons the brand going forward.

I had also heard that part of the issue with the 2017 was that the same component could came from a number of suppliers and it was impossible to track down who had supplied various chips etc and therefore track down affected vehicles. True or not I don't know but sounds plausible to me..
yes you are right JLR has to get their act together and provide a proper ICTP fix. and they have to do it not only for the Velar but for the whole range , since the Velar ICTP is now installed in the full fat and the new RRS. so basically they f...ed up the whole range rover range. the question is WHEN ?

It is now months, since first bugs were identified in july , september etc. and the first update only came 1-2 month ago and has been pulled afterwards causing even more frustration towards customers and poutting the dealership network in an awkward situation. and so far we are all in the dark.

the issue with different suppliers might be still valid as we noticed diffrent bug situation with the same sotware configs...

#154 ·
liben96 said:
Which is the last version?

Are the issues on Spotify been fixed?
latest version I know is the so called 17C. but as far as I'm aware it is still being pulled by JLR. some people (like me) outside UK were able to get it installed however. the 17C is definitely more stable especially for what concerns USB link

Hence spotify via IC apps is stable with 17C and is not with former software

still one can use spotify from the smartphone over bluetooth with any soft version, but it's less nice (not from the big screen)

#155 ·
Ludo said:
liben96 said:

latest version I know is the so called 17C. but as far as I'm aware it is still being pulled by JLR. some people (like me) outside UK were able to get it installed however. the 17C is definitely more stable especially for what concerns USB link

still one can use spotify from the smartphone over bluetooth with any soft version, but it's less nice (not from the big screen)
Thanks for your answer.

I would like to know how can i be sure that i have that version. How can I check it?
I dont have SIM slot / online services, so I can use the trick to see i have the 'online media' option.

As far as I know, Spotify over bluetooth does not show any info (artist, title, cover). It works over USB.
Has this been fixed on the new version 17C?

Thanks

#156 ·
liben96 said:
Ludo said:
liben96 said:

Thanks for your answer.

I would like to know how can i be sure that i have that version. How can I check it?
I dont have SIM slot / online services, so I can use the trick to see i have the 'online media' option.

As far as I know, Spotify over bluetooth does not show any info (artist, title, cover). It works over USB.

Thanks
So after all the buggy issues I have been facing and being told a month ago that 17C/3.5 has been pulled, the car is in today have these updates..

do JLR actually know what they are doing?

#157 ·
liben96 said:

Thanks
17C solves USB and solves spotify via USB , ie within IC APPS. it works OK . soemtiles I just have some pb reverting to some menus, but I do have my playlitsts, with artistes and covers .

#160 ·
this is the old soft. new one should read : version app : 2017C.10-4957

#162 ·
#163 ·
#164 ·
Hey guys been having a little banter with JLR on twitter and thought I'd share.

Whilst they don't state a version number they do come an update is available to be installed.

Re CarPlay that still sounds a million miles away and I can't see this happening this year personally.

Attachments

#167 ·
mrgandfriends.co.uk said:

Whilst they don't state a version number they do come an update is available to be installed.

Re CarPlay that still sounds a million miles away and I can't see this happening this year personally.
Interesting. My dealer is still under the "no go" for installing the latest software. I wonder when this will move over to NA for us.

G
#170 ·
djmodifyd said:

Interesting. My dealer is still under the "no go" for installing the latest software. I wonder when this will move over to NA for us.
It must be available in Canada - my dealer updated mine.

#171 ·
quig451 said:
djmodifyd said:

It must be available in Canada - my dealer updated mine.
I think the biggest thing holding back dealers is the Pathfinder and or SDD updates required prior to patching users cars. Dealers are sometimes slow to react to updates because it means there diagnostics systems have to be down to run the updates. I personally loath going to a dealer and knowing more about the updates or recalls for my car than they do.

#172 ·
Interestingly the iPace updates over the air. This would save JLR a fortune if they rolled it out across the brands. Would help if the software and hardware fundamentally worked in the first place. Updates should correct minor issues and add features plus keep up with smartphone updates rather than fix basic fucntions like broken USB and BT connectivity.

#173 ·
Loz said:
Interestingly the iPace updates over the air. This would save JLR a fortune if they rolled it out across the brands. Would help if the software and hardware fundamentally worked in the first place. Updates should correct minor issues and add features plus keep up with smartphone updates rather than fix basic fucntions like broken USB and BT connectivity.
You got that right...

#174 ·
I noticed that too about the iPace (and how the system is essentially the same as the Velar's). And while I hope JLR first fixes USB/phone issues, there seems to be no reason why they couldn't implement over-the-air updates. In fact my dealer incorrectly stated that the car would do over-the-air updates "like a Tesla" if I had an outside wifi signal connected. He also told me the car supported CarPlay, but that's a whole different story. Anyway... I'd love for JLR do this - but for now, I suspect that will be reserved for 2019/2020 models.

Loz said:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.