Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Paint options...

29K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  Davegrillo 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have an appointment on Saturday with a dealer to place an order for my Velar with September delivery...

Unfortunately the colour option I selected is being discontinued! (Carpathian Grey). :?

Therefore I'm a bit stuck as to whether to opt for Aruba or Silicon Silver instead... I wonder which looks best in the flesh.

Opinions welcome!

Thanks.

#2 ·
In my opinion, lighter is better to maximize the contrast with black body parts. I ordered silicon silver and am not thrilled with the real-life color vs. color of online build rendering.

If I had to do it over again I would choose Indus silver, Byron blue or Aruba. Also be careful that the wheels coordinate well with body color.

#3 ·
All you'll get is personal opinions and of course everyones tastes are different. That being said we really like the Corris Gray with the black top and copper highlights. Originally we were thinking White with a black top but then saw our 1st Edition. It's to us a great looking color combination. We were lucky enough to find the car as part of the dealers inventory so were able to see it 1st hand before buying.

#5 ·
Video is Satin Flux Silver.

Carpathian Grey is a very dark grey, and does not have a big enough contrast with the contrast black roof if you are seeking to achieve that look. Haven't seen too many about and just seeing the dealer inventory in that colour I can understand why they have pared back production.

Colour is a matter of personal taste. I got the Corris Grey metallic because it contrasts beautifully with the black roof. The promotional colour Silicon Silver is nice in a hot and bright country but in our grey overcast country (UK) has an odd green tinge I don't like.

Likewise not a fan of Firenze Red on the Velars but the red on the RR Sport seems to look the business so not sure what is going on there.

The white Velars also looks great - but there are two whites and not sure which one I saw but the contrast was bold if only a little bit shouty.

#6 ·
SpokenHands said:
Video is Satin Flux Silver.

Carpathian Grey is a very dark grey, and does not have a big enough contrast with the contrast black roof if you are seeking to achieve that look. Haven't seen too many about and just seeing the dealer inventory in that colour I can understand why they have pared back production.

Colour is a matter of personal taste. I got the Corris Grey metallic because it contrasts beautifully with the black roof. The promotional colour Silicon Silver is nice in a hot and bright country but in our grey overcast country (UK) has an odd green tinge I don't like.

Likewise not a fan of Firenze Red on the Velars but the red on the RR Sport seems to look the business so not sure what is going on there.

The white Velars also looks great - but there are two whites and not sure which one I saw but the contrast was bold if only a little bit shouty.
I agree with what you said about Firenze, and in general I feel like some colours really suit certain models but not others. Even Corris Grey was something that I thought was really boring on the Sport but seems to really suite the Velar's body shape. I see tons of Sports in my area in Corris and I said I would never get that colour but did on my Velar! My last Sport was Santorini Black and over the years I got tired of the battle with swirl marks and how it shows everything. This spring my Velar went through 2 months of rainy weather and still looked good. and then when I finally gave it a wash it totally sparkled. So i think I'm done with black for a while and like the lighter colours now. I went with Bosphorus Grey on my new SVR arriving in 3 weeks. I actually wanted Carpathian but it wasn't offered for the SVR for some reason.

View attachment 1120
View attachment 1121

Attachments

#12 ·
Really disappointed in this. We have ordered caparthian grey and now they're saying they can't do it and will we accept a corris grey. There are so many corris grey range rovers, admittedly not velars in our area I'm really put off.

What would everyone else say and do?? We've paid our deposits, and it's also delayed the build time by two to three months!! We were expecting to drive to France so I'm soo disappointed with LR I almost feel like cancelling.

#13 ·
velar_friends said:
Really disappointed in this. We have ordered caparthian grey and now they're saying they can't do it and will we accept a corris grey. There are so many corris grey range rovers, admittedly not velars in our area I'm really put off.

What would everyone else say and do?? We've paid our deposits, and it's also delayed the build time by two to three months!! We were expecting to drive to France so I'm soo disappointed with LR I almost feel like cancelling.
Tough one, but I wouldn't be talked into another colour - it would always niggle me. The Corris grey do look good though!

Here's a real world photo (needed a wash!) of Carpathian Grey.

Automotive parking light Sky Tire Wheel Car

And showroom condition

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Grille

Attachments

#14 ·
andrewhargreaves said:
Even Corris Grey was something that I thought was really boring on the Sport but seems to really suite the Velar's body shape. I see tons of Sports in my area in Corris and I said I would never get that colour but did on my Velar!
I went through the exact same reasoning - too many Corris Grey Evoques and Disco Sports meant I was pretty focussed on a Silicon Silver. But couldn't deny how the colour suited the model. Your pictures are great - the car looks stunning!

Never seen Aruba before but does look quite nice.
Kaikura stone is like a Silicon Gold colour which looks good but May be hard to live with after a while - seen one with a fan leather interior and felt it needed more contrast.

#16 ·
I am sure there are plenty of cars available in the pipeline if you can get a couple of dealers to look - you may end up finding a car that has all or nearly all the options you're looking for. And wrangle a discount on top as well.

#23 ·
I'm in the same situation having been told Carpathian Grey discontinued, after a lot of consideration settled for Byron Blue with Black Pack and Black Gloss 20in Wheels. I don't know whether you all know but Adaptive Dynamics is no longer standard for MY19 Velars its an £800.00 option.
There has been some changes to the option packs too.

#24 ·
Hi Guys, I think the 2 best colors for Velar are Carpathian and Aruba. I was almost ordering Aruba as it looks so amazing, depends on light it looks white, silver or gold, pictures cannot give justice to Aruba. I think that Aruba should have a Black Pack as the gray grill does not look so good with this color.
Eventually I ordered the Carpathian but if that wouldn't be an option I would definitely go for Aruba
I think corris is also nice but every second velar is in corris and actually there are a lot of light gray cars on the streets. But it really depends on personal taste. I don't think there's a bad color offered for Velar

What's funny you can still choose Carpathian in online configuration

#25 ·
I really wanted carpathian grey but settled for a Velar on the dealer lot. I'm so dang impatient.

I think carp grey is best looking color for this car but am happy with my sant black - all personal preference.

Don't understand why they would remove such a great color choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.