VELAR Alloy Wheel options

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Wolfie
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:26 am
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: VELAR Alloy Wheel options

Post by Wolfie » Thu May 17, 2018 12:14 am

My car came with the 22 inch diamond cut alloys and IMHO they look great and haven’t adversely affected the ride to any extent it’s a problem.

I see @mrbigtimes81 you ideally want the 1007H wheels, but think they’re a bit expensive. From my personal view, I have compromised on things before and always felt disappointed and have then gone on to buy what I wanted to start with - costing me even more. So it might save you money and heartache in the long run if you just bite the bullet and get the rims your heart tells you you need, ignoring what your wallet tells you you should do...
D 300 First Edition Corris Grey


mrbigtime81
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: VELAR Alloy Wheel options

Post by mrbigtime81 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:11 am

Moving 21" to 21" alloy wheels, I can keep my tires. Right?

And need to figure difference between 1007 G and E.

Above 1007E is partially dark. I am confused. Better contact with another city dealer.

Also looks cool.



KRG
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:25 pm
Location: USA

Re: VELAR Alloy Wheel options

Post by KRG » Thu May 17, 2018 2:55 am

mrbigtime81 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:11 am
Moving 21" to 21" alloy wheels, I can keep my tires. Right?

And need to figure difference between 1007 G and E.

Above 1007E is partially dark. I am confused. Better contact with another city dealer.
Yes you can keep your tires if you stay with 21s.

1007E is 20” and 1007G is 21” ..both styles come in several different colors. The two-tone is the diamond turned finish, but you can also get them in all silver or dark grey. The 21” 1007G also come in solid black.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse


mrbigtime81
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: VELAR Alloy Wheel options

Post by mrbigtime81 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:15 am

KRG wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:55 am
mrbigtime81 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:11 am
Moving 21" to 21" alloy wheels, I can keep my tires. Right?

And need to figure difference between 1007 G and E.

Above 1007E is partially dark. I am confused. Better contact with another city dealer.
Yes you can keep your tires if you stay with 21s.

1007E is 20” and 1007G is 21” ..both styles come in several different colors. The two-tone is the diamond turned finish, but you can also get them in all silver or dark grey. The 21” 1007G also come in solid black.
Thanks for the information. I didn't Know they have corrected variants. Even official website is lacking about it. Need to be carefull about color.

Last question, solid black or dark grey will be niceon black vehicle.?


SpokenHands
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 am
Location: UK

Re: VELAR Alloy Wheel options

Post by SpokenHands » Thu May 17, 2018 9:23 am

I saw a base spec Velar in solid black on 18" wheels and was horrified - it looked so ordinary and meh.

The cars pictures here look good!
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe


mrbigtime81
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: VELAR Alloy Wheel options

Post by mrbigtime81 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 am

SpokenHands wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:23 am
I saw a base spec Velar in solid black on 18" wheels and was horrified - it looked so ordinary and meh.

The cars pictures here look good!
As I said in another topic. putting low level, entry level stuff in VELAR should be considered as CRIME :?

I understand the business point of view of this issue, sales must be high etc but common. STOP KILLING VELAR IMAGE and VALUE.


KRG
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:25 pm
Location: USA

Re: VELAR Alloy Wheel options

Post by KRG » Thu May 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Yep. This car is very sensitive to spec.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse


KRG
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:25 pm
Location: USA

Re: VELAR Alloy Wheel options

Post by KRG » Thu May 17, 2018 2:25 pm

mrbigtime81 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:15 am
Last question, solid black or dark grey will be nice on black vehicle.?
Both are perfect on black. I think the dark grey looks sportier, personally, but a lot of people like the cleaner look of black.

land-rover-velar-r-dynamic-hse-S3457777-6.jpg

ldazN4QI.jpg

18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse


mrgandfriends.co.uk
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:17 pm
Location: Cotswolds

Re: VELAR Alloy Wheel options

Post by mrgandfriends.co.uk » Fri May 18, 2018 7:57 am

It’s definitely a personal thing isn’t it. I also feel it can make or break the way a car looks.

My first Velar came with 1007e on 20” rims, initially I thought they looked ok but realised for me it didn’t work so upgraded to 1007h on 22”. These changed the car totally in looks and really loved it.

My current Velar has 1007f 21” rims and have grown to love them especially when you look at the detail on the diamond cut and see the rings that when clean look stunning

475C0DF3-7163-4B77-8430-DB1129F78109.jpeg

Range Rover Velar, D300 HSE R-Dynamic, Corris Grey, Panoramic Sliding Roof, 21" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5047' with Diamond Turned finish, and a driver that smiles from ear to ear.


mrbigtime81
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: VELAR Alloy Wheel options

Post by mrbigtime81 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 am

@krg, thank you very much. Black looks better for sure.

@mrgandfriends, I have some alloy wheels yet mine doesn't look like that is that the photo degree or yours has some kind of black in it. Mine looks solid alloy, steel color.boring to me.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”