Velar dead - flat battery

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
peterd

Re: Velar dead - flat battery

Post by peterd » Fri May 25, 2018 12:18 pm

I still do not understand why the rear light are on ... a mystery.

peterd

Post by peterd » Sat May 26, 2018 6:01 pm

End of the story
I called assistance this morning, they took 30mn to come. They came with a booster the car started instantly with the lights on...
I still do not understand why the light stayed on ...The guy was helpful: on the CTEK MX5, as it is an AGM battery the setting should
be on frozen mode and not in normal mode. Secondly he recommanded to purchase a small portable booster at 170 euros on amazon, saying that he has been able to start Ranges and other SUV with it. I drove 30mn the car , put back the CTEK with the good setting, battery is fully loaded now.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat May 26, 2018 9:21 pm

I can add another observation to the story. Our Velar was parked and double locked for 1 week and on ignition it showed the message, battery low, start engine. 🤔
I could not do much. Seated didn’t work , but console lighted up as usual. So park the car at the airport for 3 weeks will be a lot of fun I guess. I’ll take a starting cable with me just in case it runs out of power. Annoying. Never had that with another car in such a short period of none usage. Must be the alarm sucking the battery.

chylld

Post by chylld » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 am

Happy to report that after leaving the Velar for 5 days (locked) the car is still working fine! It did take about twice as long to start, but it started and drove normally with all systems working.

I now keep a Noco GB70 jump starter in the car, just in case...

Mr. Singh

Post by Mr. Singh » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Not sure if this helps but I 'double' locked my Velar and left it parked for 15 days while I was away on holiday - it started up immediately upon my return with no problems or warnings.

dazis

Post by dazis » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:55 pm

Mine has also now showing a flat battery. Managed to unlock the car but it didn't have enough power to start. I had bought a small lithium ion USB charger and jump starter. Fired up like a charm!

Came to it the next day and it didn't have any power! Not even to push out the handles! Panic... how do you put a key in a shut handle?! I found you push one side and pull the other, then drag it out. I used the key and opened the car. You need 2 people if you do the drivers do so do the passenger one as you need to open the bonnet.
So mine is on charge on the drive but not looking good. 12 months old so it needs a new battery or new alternator at the very least! What is zapping the power????
I noticed the windows don't close automatically when holding the button for a few seconds ?? hmmm.
Maybe the new software upgrade I had 3 days ago?

dazis

Post by dazis » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:35 pm

I keep mine in the car (not the boot as you can't open the damm thing when dead)
Picowe 1000A Peak Ampere Portable Jump Starter

chylld

Post by chylld » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:42 am

dazis wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:55 pm
Mine has also now showing a flat battery. Managed to unlock the car but it didn't have enough power to start. I had bought a small lithium ion USB charger and jump starter. Fired up like a charm!

Came to it the next day and it didn't have any power! Not even to push out the handles! Panic... how do you put a key in a shut handle?! I found you push one side and pull the other, then drag it out. I used the key and opened the car. You need 2 people if you do the drivers do so do the passenger one as you need to open the bonnet.
So mine is on charge on the drive but not looking good. 12 months old so it needs a new battery or new alternator at the very least! What is zapping the power????
I noticed the windows don't close automatically when holding the button for a few seconds ?? hmmm.
Maybe the new software upgrade I had 3 days ago?
Sorry to hear. Do you have a SIM card in the car for remote climate etc? I did when mine went flat and the car has been fine ever since I removed it, possible reason there... (although correlation <> causation)

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”