Audible alerts for Safety Camera

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
SpokenHands

Audible alerts for Safety Camera

Post by SpokenHands » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:47 pm

I have lost all audible alerts for Safety Camera positions since my software package was upgraded to Phase 3.

I still see the notification on the main navigation screen but the audible beeps were quite helpful.

Is this a setting thing or has this feature been discontinued?

Anyone know? Thanks in advance all.
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

maitology

Re: Audible alerts for Safety Camera

Post by maitology » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Also interested in this, want to get rid of the audible alerts while keeping the on screen alerts.

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:29 pm

The volume for the audible alert is tied into the navigation voice over volume so one way is to turn that down I suppose except you may wish that call out (still shows on the navigation panel and HUD if equipped)

I actually don't mind the alert but it does not come on anymore. Can't find anything in settings that I may have turned off either. Hope it's not something that dropped off in the Phase 3 software upgrade.
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe

andyjeffries

Post by andyjeffries » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:59 am

I don't have the answer to your question about how to enable the audio alerts, but I can confirm they definitely aren't gone. I had the Phase 3 update applied before I received my car and I get audible alerts for "safety cameras".
Velar D180 S Byron Blue

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:00 pm

The only thing I can think of that could have happened. Is that the volume might be turned down. I know with the nav that if your nav is speaking and you adjust the volume it turns nav voice up or down. Perhaps this might have happened to audible camera beep. Could try turn volume up as you get very near a camera.

I can also confirm mine works after phase 3.

Velar809

Post by Velar809 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:07 pm

I have Phase 3 installed, and post installing I have lost audible alerts for Safety Camera positions and Navigation instructions. The volume was checked as up. I do get the break in any entertainment that is playing but no audio for the above. The car has been back to the dealer for 3 days and is booked in for another 5 days at the end of June. Standby for any news!

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am

Velar809 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:07 pm
I have Phase 3 installed, and post installing I have lost audible alerts for Safety Camera positions and Navigation instructions. The volume was checked as up.
I have checked and I have the same issue. Volume up. No navigation instructions or audible alerts. Book it in for a service on a non urgent basis.

If anyone has figured out a fix, please let me know. Thanks.
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi

The Velar has a number of separate volumes in the system. Each have their own settings and levels based on your inputs

Main volume, when listen to radio for instance.

Parking sensor volume, when you hear the beeps when parking, if you adjust the volume at this point the volume of the sensor beeps will go up or down and keep setting

When traffic on (actually speaking) will will adjust that volume.

Sat Nav volume, this can only be adjusted when the sat nav will be saying something like turn right in 300 yards. If the volume of this has been set to zero it’s a little hit and miss to get back up. It will only adjust sat nav voulme when the nav giving instructions, not if just on, as it defaults to main volume.

There are a few other volumes

When adjusting the volume of a sub volume the number bar (at top of screen) is a different colour to standard (can’t remember colours of hand)

I think the speed camera and nav volume are linked.

If you search sat nav volume in the iGUIDE

You will see navigation: adjusting the volume (which says basically the same as above)

Steve_P

Post by Steve_P » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Did you check whether voice guidance has been turned down or disabled? According to the manual:

The volume of the safety camera alert feature is linked to voice guidance volume.

Velar809

Post by Velar809 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Thanks for the various pointers on altering the volume. However, in my case, neither I or so far the dealer have been able to solve the problem of lack of voice guidance. In addition, I have no voice interaction for any other modes such as telephone contacts! The serviceability of the steering wheel selector has been checked and currently the problem is classed as a software issue by the dealer who has been very helpful. More to follow after the car next goes into the dealer for more analysis of the problem!

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”