What an Epic Car

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
SpokenHands

Re: What an Epic Car

Post by SpokenHands » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:46 am

Congratulations and I hope you enjoy the car for many more years/miles - the Velar is an absolute delight on so many levels and your pictures and diary notes were lovely to see.

I think you have a fantastic spec - and the pictures attest to that - please could you add interior pictures of the Eclipse / Ebony suede.

Isn't it just fab that you can enjoy the Velar and what it does as a luxurious mid-sized SUV and then be able to get into the M3 (GTC or my 640d for me) and enjoy that - very different character but equally fun.

Keep the pictures and travelogues coming! Thank you.
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

CDNd180se

Post by CDNd180se » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:14 am

Thanks for all the great comments we really enjoy our road trips so more to come. We can break out the Drones and get some more interesting shots.

Some pics of the interior sorry they are not the best.

Velar - int1.jpg

Velar - int2.jpg

Velar - int3.jpg

Velar - int4.jpg

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:34 am

CDNd180se wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:11 pm
We had no real issues with the car other than the map would stop showing up in the center of the dash if I shut the car off and started it with in a few mins. We are still on old software as the dealer did not have time to update it (I would not let them as I wanted the car) . I have seen this mentioned on the forums. Easy fix shut the car off again and restart and it returns everytime.
Great review, and excellent shots! Glad you enjoyed the ride.

For the map not showing up, if it ever happens to me, I just full screen the map in driver display and then return back and it seems to fix it without having to shut off. Let us know if that works, and which version software if possible (Nav -> Nav settings -> scrolll down to version)

- Jake
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 pm

^ use the same method as well. Fixed mine all time time what ever driver display issue might be from time to time.

numec

Post by numec » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:06 pm

truly epic!

Cobstar

Post by Cobstar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Stunning car and stunning scenery and wildlife. Thank you for your write up and the photos.

Hope you continue to enjoy your car. Hopefully she will decloak soon so birds recognise her.

quig451

Post by quig451 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 pm

P380NarvikEclipse wrote:
CDNd180se wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:11 pm
We had no real issues with the car other than the map would stop showing up in the center of the dash if I shut the car off and started it with in a few mins. We are still on old software as the dealer did not have time to update it (I would not let them as I wanted the car) . I have seen this mentioned on the forums. Easy fix shut the car off again and restart and it returns everytime.
Great review, and excellent shots! Glad you enjoyed the ride.

For the map not showing up, if it ever happens to me, I just full screen the map in driver display and then return back and it seems to fix it without having to shut off. Let us know if that works, and which version software if possible (Nav -> Nav settings -> scrolll down to version)

- Jake
This also used to be my fix which seemed to work. A bit of a menu juggle, but it was a fix. With the newest software I no longer have this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Velar MY2018, Fuji White, P380 HSE, R-Dynamic, Black Pack

TorontoVelar

Post by TorontoVelar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:26 pm

Great story and congrats on the new ride.

One question though, you said you got 700kms on 1 tank of diesel? Were you on ECO mode all the way?

BTW, I hit 3K kms on my same R Dynamic D180 the other day. Still very much in love with it.
'18 VELAR D180 R-Dynamic SE, Fuji White

CDNd180se

Post by CDNd180se » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 pm

TorontoVelar wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:26 pm
Great story and congrats on the new ride.

One question though, you said you got 700kms on 1 tank of diesel? Were you on ECO mode all the way?

BTW, I hit 3K kms on my same R Dynamic D180 the other day. Still very much in love with it.

Thanks

Not in ECO at all and I was driving hard at times but set the cruise control @ 110 average. When we filled up with still had about 10 liters of fuel and put 687 on the trip counter.

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Such a pleasure when you know you made the right decisiom to get a Velar - this car delivers the goods on so many levels: design, versatility, driving characteristics (for what it is) and a stunning ownership experience. Owning a top of the range RR was never going to be a good investment decision but it is sure a good happiness decision.
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”