Voice to text - bluetooth microphone issue

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
n11

Voice to text - bluetooth microphone issue

Post by n11 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm a new Velar owner as of Saturday. I noticed my iPhone's voice to text dictation feature isn't working when I go to text someone and hit the microphone. I've done a fair amount of reading on these forums this morning and this appears to be a known issue. This is frustrating for what should be something so basic. What I can't seem to find an answer to though after perusing the forums for over an hour is:

1) Has this issue been fixed with a software update?
2) How do I get to the screen that shows what version of software I currently have?

I apologize in advance if this has been answered already somewhere, but I've spent a fair amount of time digging and cant' seem to find the answer.

Thanks!

Yip-man

Re: Voice to text - bluetooth microphone issue

Post by Yip-man » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:05 pm

1) no idea, as have not tried
2) you need to go to Nav and settings. In there is the version number.

n11

Post by n11 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 pm

I talked to the dealer today and their service manager told me that support for Apple Car Play and Android Auto is going to be rolled out in two weeks and called it version "4.0". No idea if this is true or not, but that's what he told me.

MITO

Post by MITO » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Let's hope that is true. I will be taking my car in for a service in the next few weeks so will see what my dealer says about this.

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:24 am

1) To my knowledge, it has never worked in any of the software updates. 17C and beyond has made “hey Siri” texting work, however. Previously the mic would be disabled. Not sure about ok google etc
2) Check your version at Nav -> Nav Settings -> scroll down to version (2017C is referred to as 17C). Report back the number you see if you need help

@n11, did you get the impression CarPlay would be a free upgrade that is just “unlocked” with the update? Very intrigued, especially after learning that Google maps and Waze will work with CarPlay at Apple’s WWDC.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior

n11

Post by n11 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:20 pm

@P380NarvikEclipse Thanks for your help. It doesn't make intuitive sense to me that you would find the software version under the nav settings, since Nav is only part of the software package, right? Maybe I"m just anal because I work in software.

I was in the dealership yesterday and they once again guaranteed me that Apple Car play and Android Auto are coming sooner rather than later, but couldn't nail down date. They did, however, confirm that it would be a free upgrade and that a service appt would need to be scheduled to get the new software on.

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:31 pm

n11 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:20 pm
@P380NarvikEclipse Thanks for your help. It doesn't make intuitive sense to me that you would find the software version under the nav settings, since Nav is only part of the software package, right? Maybe I"m just anal because I work in software.

I was in the dealership yesterday and they once again guaranteed me that Apple Car play and Android Auto are coming sooner rather than later, but couldn't nail down date. They did, however, confirm that it would be a free upgrade and that a service appt would need to be scheduled to get the new software on.
Couldn’t agree more on point 1 also being in the tech industry lol

That is amazing news on CarPlay & Android Auto. I hope your dealer is right :) please update us if they provide any more info on timing etc.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”