Activity Key pretty amazing

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
SpokenHands

Activity Key pretty amazing

Post by SpokenHands » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 am

I have a Leisure Activity Key which would not get much use as intended until I figured it could be used everyday instead of lugging my chunky key fob around with me everywhere.

Main key fob out of sight and is automatically locked out of use when the Activity Key is activated so no threat even if the car is broken into.

Carry tracker tile with me so there is additional protection.

So far has worked every time - though sensitive to the exact ritual as described in the iGuide - switch of engine, exit driver side and you've got 30 seconds to activate/lock via the Acitivity Key.

For the 2nd Gen - Wish this activity key could instead work on my Fitbit or phone via NFC. And the sensor was on the driver door instead of the Land Rover logo at rear.
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

suki_uk

Re: Activity Key pretty amazing

Post by suki_uk » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Hey bud agree with you - having the sensor at the rear of the car is not convenient, just a quick question I'm presuming only the main key fob is locked out whilst in the car and not the other spare right? (which will be in the house etc)

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:57 pm

20180619_182138.png

Smart key inside car disabled. Spare smart key outside car enabled.
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe

CDNd180se

Post by CDNd180se » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:11 pm

The Activity key was an "Absolute Must Have" for us from the moment we saw it.

We hated with previous cars when we went to the beach and wanted to go for a swim you had to keep an eye on your shoes (We stored our keys in our shoes). I bought a Pelican case (waterproof) for our keys but that was a paint to lug about.

We have been swimming 3 times already at our favorite spots and our friends are extremely envious of the Activity key:)

Fluke

Post by Fluke » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Anyone know if this can be retrofitted to a Velar that doesn’t have the Activity Key? I’ve been wanting one but haven’t really researched to see if it can be added to an existing vehicle.
R-Dynamic SE P380 Santorini Black

Roverlarian

Post by Roverlarian » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:34 am

Fluke wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:25 pm
Anyone know if this can be retrofitted to a Velar that doesn’t have the Activity Key? I’ve been wanting one but haven’t really researched to see if it can be added to an existing vehicle.
Hey Fluke, I have added the Activity Key to my Velar that was not originally spec'd with the option. My dealer had to reach out to JLR corp for a special mounting bracket that was needed, but all in all it took about a week to get it installed. Works great! :D

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Roverlarian wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:34 am
Fluke wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:25 pm
Hey Fluke, I have added the Activity Key to my Velar that was not originally spec'd with the option. My dealer had to reach out to JLR corp for a special mounting bracket that was needed, but all in all it took about a week to get it installed. Works great! :D
Well that’s great to hear! Mind sharing what they quoted you all-in? I’m sure many that didn’t spec it or bought off the lot without it would consider adding if reasonable.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:46 am

I was told it was around £300 for the transmitter and key you pay separately.

I wouldn't say it is a feature you will use everyday but when you do get used to it, it's absolutely stunning. Wish it would integrate with a phone or smart watch and be locked at the door rather than the rear door at the minute.
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe

mrgandfriends.co.uk

Post by mrgandfriends.co.uk » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:29 am

The activity key locks and unlocks the car right?

Does it do anything else?
Range Rover Velar, D300 HSE R-Dynamic, Corris Grey, Panoramic Sliding Roof, 21" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5047' with Diamond Turned finish, and a driver that smiles from ear to ear.

moonlitknight

Post by moonlitknight » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:48 am

mrgandfriends.co.uk wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:29 am
The activity key locks and unlocks the car right?
Does it do anything else?
Importantly, it re-enables any key that was in the car when it was locked. So, for example, if you lock the car with the activity key, and unlock it with the remote app, any key in the car remains disabled.

EDIT: I've just done some testing, and it's not only keys that are *inside* the car that are disabled, but keys that are *near* the car.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”