New Here - Velar Ordered

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Adsgofast

New Here - Velar Ordered

Post by Adsgofast » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 am

Hey Everyone.

So I just ordered my new Velar for delivery in September.

I’m not much of a piston head so only ordered the D180, R-Dynamic SE, Corris grey with 20” satin grey alloys. Ebony interior and lining. Only extras were cabin air ionisation, privacy glass and configurable ambient interior lighting.

It’ll look like this...

47A79754-8426-459D-A53E-CA90F9668F99.jpeg

Cobstar

Re: New Here - Velar Ordered

Post by Cobstar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 pm

Very nice. I like Corris Grey on most JLR products but it is particularly good on the Velar. You’ve got a nice car to look forward to.

Frankie924

Post by Frankie924 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Nearly identical to the car I’ve ordered, due at the same time (slighly different options)! September can’t come fast enough, especially after reading all the reviews on this forum.
UK (MY19) R-Dynamic SE D180 (Black Pack / Coris Grey / Black Pano Roof)

Kpc123

Post by Kpc123 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:04 am

I have ordered R-Dynamic 180 SE in white only 2 options are on/off road pack and ambient lights
I got an email from dealer saying my car has moved into production line from holding bay
Expected delivery end of sept
I have placed the order 4 weeks ago

Your car looks good in Corrie grey

vinspireduk

Post by vinspireduk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:06 pm

I’ve just bought a new R dynamic D300 HSE - just waiting for the order to be processed and hopefully believers next week....the car is currently in the pound having just been built. Can’t wait....though reading some of the issues I am a little worried - not had a Range Rover before always Merc and BMW...fingers crossed it’ll alll be fine. 😬😬😬😬😬

CDNd180se

Post by CDNd180se » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 pm

vinspireduk wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:06 pm
I’ve just bought a new R dynamic D300 HSE - just waiting for the order to be processed and hopefully believers next week....the car is currently in the pound having just been built. Can’t wait....though reading some of the issues I am a little worried - not had a Range Rover before always Merc and BMW...fingers crossed it’ll alll be fine. 😬😬😬😬😬
A person can go nuts reading all the issues reported on here, just remember this is a small sample size of owners. While the issues that these owners report are real concerns to those reporting them, the vast majority have trouble free autos.

We just crossed 6500Km or 4038 miles of trouble free driving (4 weeks of owning it). Only thing we have returned to the dealer for was the car was built without the correct end caps on the dash so while those were fitted on Monday we had the phase 4 update completed. We did not have any real issues with the system so it was more of a "it is new so please do it" update.

I highly recommend for all new cars get the break-in done early and on long road trips so the engine gets up to temp and stays there for long periods of time. My theory is while the materials of modern engines are better in every way to those of 30 years ago bedding in of metal to metal contact is still a reality. Plus what is better to get familiar with your new toy than a nice long road trip.

vinspireduk

Post by vinspireduk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Thanks Raven.

You’re spot on.

Return to “Introductions”