Over the air updates! New improved software.

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
liben96

Re: Over the air updates! New improved software.

Post by liben96 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:18 am

I can confirm that i also have the 'download option available', however i dont have the SIM slot (no LTE 4G or SIM card), and I dont have the WiFi option either to connect to my phone's internet (different market - no EU), so I dont know how this option is going to work.

I tested it yesterday, I pressed the "check updates" option... it looked like it was connecting to a server (i dont know how because i have no internet in the car), there was a "loading icon", and after 40-50 seconds... it showed the next message: "no updates available".

So I have no idea how this works, and no idea how this will work in my car without connection to internet. :(

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Got the phase 4 update as well, and it unlocked voice navigation entering. 👍

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:11 pm

lieben96, most likely not at all.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:15 pm

J77 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:42 pm
Contacted my dealer, reply, no outstanding campaigns so no update will be applied :roll:
They are searching wrong. This is not car specific, but an model specific update. Unbelievable the customer has to tell the service stuff how to search their system. 🙈

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:58 pm

So is Phase 4 stable and addressing the niggles?
Or have we discovered new bugs already?
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

aus1ander

Post by aus1ander » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:25 pm

I just received the phase 4 / 18B update yesterday and I can confirm that OTA updates are included in this software release. As to other features, the only thing I can see is basic voice navigation (previous destinations, navigate home) and many bugs on my original software are squashed. The interface is much faster as well.

I am in the US, 2018 Velar R-Dynamic V6 SE.

Mapezzul

Post by Mapezzul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Just wanted to update that this seems to be stable as I have been on the road driving around Norway for about 2000 miles and have not have a major hiccup yet!

The Velar has been great and there is a lot more sportiness to the D300 than reviews would leave you to believe... The shift paddles work in D, the suspension settings can be adjusted in dynamic mode etc. Reading the manual is a smart choice!
Silicon Silver First Edition

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 am

By mentioning the user manual, what is special about shift paddles work in D and dynamic mode? You can adjust their working in the settings. Being in Norway means you’ll not experience what the D300 is about. For me the best engine for the Velar. Well, since your location is stated to be in Germany, there is hope. 😬

Mapezzul

Post by Mapezzul » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 pm

Joe wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 am
By mentioning the user manual, what is special about shift paddles work in D and dynamic mode? You can adjust their working in the settings. Being in Norway means you’ll not experience what the D300 is about. For me the best engine for the Velar. Well, since your location is stated to be in Germany, there is hope. 😬
Having read many reviews on the Velar, there were gripes about the paddles not working in D, about how hard it was to adjust speaker settings, to the suspension being wafting with the air shocks etc.
I did a lot of work with BMW in the past and will say that most of the crap the reviews complained about were wrong. I preferred it over anything in the current BMW portfolio. The D300 is amazing and on the autobahn it is stable until you can't make it go anymore. The SVR should be a monster.... Loving the Velar, even in Norway. Back to Germany soon enough to really enjoy it but it has proven itself Offroad here.
Silicon Silver First Edition

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:25 am

Sorry, this is off topic.

You can choose paddle shifters to work in D or D & S mode. Adjusting the sound system is pretty straight forward. I like the SE model neutral sound set. So there was no need to adjust things. Like with all better sound system, you want better sound? Feed it higher sampled media. They expose the file and recording quality shamelessly. Try a lossless file of a high quality recording and you know where it gets.

Yes, I can image Norway is great for off road. Enjoy!

We’re coming from 4 times X3 in 12 years and would not go back after owning the Velar. The Velar is so much better in almost everything, don’t get me started. Ok, I can’t resist to add one for the start. The Velar starts to be better in the moment you just hold the key and look at the car. Everything that follow by pushing the open button is on top. The shy facelift BMW states a new model and all their technical updates are nice, but didn’t convince us at all. A strategy BMW seams to follow with all their models. Someone in BMWs strategy management must be really scared to innovate. Well, good luck.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”