Less than a week old

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
Landy

Less than a week old

Post by Landy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Velar D240 HSE ... less than a week old (50 miles) the turbo ran dry of lubricant /oil and began screeching. Recovered into the dealer that was 2 weeks ago just been informed that the new turbo and parts are on back order expected delivery October . Still battling for a like for like courtesy vehicle been fobbed off with a disco ..... considering going down the vehicle rejection route but waying up the pro’s and cons as regarding the Lex Autolease finance contract. Anyone had a faulty turbo ? Or experience of the lease vehicle rejection route?
Regards.

shw

Re: Less than a week old

Post by shw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi, do you mind me asking, with LEX are you on a lease?

Landy

Post by Landy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Yes

shw

Post by shw » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:17 am

I only ask because mine is leased through LEX also and i'm currently in the process of rejecting mine. I rejected it back in Feb this year, and its still going on...!
So only reject it if you really really want to, as the process (for my anyway) is very long.

It's 3 pages long, but this was my post - viewtopic.php?t=973

Feel free to message me if you want a chat

RalfRamone

Post by RalfRamone » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:42 pm

You have 30 days to say you reject under the law. Or you lose the short term privilege, and you are with it for the duration. In sickness, and in health.

IMHO use your time wisely, or lose the opportunity.

My dealer, to my mind, was happy to facilitate rejection rather than deal with the unfixable/lemon saga. They were fine about it.
silicon silver D300 HSE - rejected

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Actually, you can reject the car any time I’m the first 6 months

First 30 days - reject the car and get back what you paid for the car (full refund)

After 30 days. You might not get full amount back as take take value away for use you had. It can get complicated, due to time in dealer etc

Therefore rejecting within 30 days is easiet.

You have to deliver the rejection in writing to the dealer within that period.

Early on in ownership after a day or two (got in November and software was terrible back then). Rejected the car by letter with dealer principle, let them have the car for a week to fix, JLR head office team where down within two days with bespoke software which becam one of the later phase updates. They spent 7 hours inserting code line by line in the car.

Short version, starting rejection process may get issues sorted.

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 am

Landy wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 pm
Velar D240 HSE ... less than a week old (50 miles) the turbo ran dry of lubricant /oil and began screeching. Recovered into the dealer that was 2 weeks ago just been informed that the new turbo and parts are on back order expected delivery October . Still battling for a like for like courtesy vehicle been fobbed off with a disco ..... considering going down the vehicle rejection route but waying up the pro’s and cons as regarding the Lex Autolease finance contract. Anyone had a faulty turbo ? Or experience of the lease vehicle rejection route?
Regards.
Good morning Landy,

I am deeply sorry to learn that you have experienced the concerns raised in your post.

Please could you kindly PM me your vehicle identification number, the name of the retailer where your vehicle currently is along with your full address, postcode and the best contact number for us to reach you on.

Thanks, Stacie

Landy

Post by Landy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Update .... Managed to offload the disco courtesy vehicle for a velar courtesy still not a like for like but close enough ..
however the new turbo appeared after a 5 week wait and has been fitted , the test drive revealed the screeching noise is still happening !!!
I have now been told it’s an engine out and a new balance shaft to be fitted then engine back in , if this doesn’t solve it the engine will be removed again and a complete new engine will be fitted !! Was wondering if anyone else has been through this process and if the outcome was successful or is this just swapping parts til it’s rectified!
Regards

Return to “Land Rover Customer Relations”