Connecting my phone as a hotspot

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
B4rnst4ble

Connecting my phone as a hotspot

Post by B4rnst4ble » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:21 am

Hello all
6 months into ownership and apart from the electrics and lumpy seats all is good apart from
My iPhone 8 plus just says connecting when I try and connect the car and use the phone as a hot spot any ideas ?
Tia
Mike

Loz

Re: Connecting my phone as a hotspot

Post by Loz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:28 am

I regularly experience an issue with my iPhone where I try to connect say a laptop to my iPhone hotspot. The hotspot is not broadcasting when the radio button appears to show the hotspot connected. I tend to toggle the hotspot setting off and then on again. I also had issues with the Velar not automatically connecting to the hotspot. I generally had to selected it in settings every time I wanted to connect after coming back to the car.

liben96

Post by liben96 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 am

Interested on this too!

B4rnst4ble

Post by B4rnst4ble » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi loz
I have tried all this but to no avail ? It will connect and use my house WiFi as a hotspot so it works that way and my phone connects to my old mans brand new rr and can be used as a hotspot on this but not my car ??!!
Any help is greatly received
M

Loz

Post by Loz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:04 pm

is the phone hotspot showing up at all in the list of available connections? My car has loads of software issues, had modules replaced as it would not accept the phase 3 update, is unstable and somewhat I am sure not what JLR intended. My experience of connecting the car to my phones hotspot was on a loan Velar. I had to search a list of available connections every time I got into the car. One point to make is that the remote services will not work without a data SIM in the car which is active and has an available data allowance on the account. That said I have a 12 GB 3 network data card in the car and just use that for all my data needs. Your car might be suffering the software bugs also. Phase 4 might be better but thus far my car is still on a very broken phase 3.

B4rnst4ble

Post by B4rnst4ble » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:35 am

Mine constantly says connecting but never connects! And doesn’t show on my iPhone like it does when it’s a hotspot !

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Because I have a data sim, I hadn’t tried to use my iPhone as a hotspot, but I have the same issue apparently. Very strange.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”