Solar attenuating windscreen/drive quality.

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
MITO

Re: Solar attenuating windscreen/drive quality.

Post by MITO » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:22 pm

UKMS wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:37 pm
Just picking this up again

Has anyone had issues in the Velar with phone GPS signals and the solar screen ?

My D5 has the solar screen and I had to boost the GPS signal with a small external antenna which I’d rather not have to repeat on the Velar.
I have the solar windshield. No problem with cell phone signals or GPS based phone navigation problems for me (I use CarPlay).

geniusloci

Re: Solar attenuating windscreen/drive quality.

Post by geniusloci » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:48 am

Velne3 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:23 pm
I am about to finalise my order and wanted to ask you about the solar (heat resistant) windscreen if you think it makes sense to have it together with the sliding panoramic roof. I mean because the hi spec windscreen is going to prevent the interior from the heat increase and on the other hand the glass roof is expected to move interior temperature higher.. I live in South Europe where summer temp easily gets above 40 degrees celcium
Thanks a lot
I wouldn't get the sliding roof, it's pointless if you will drive with AC 99% of time, so get the fixed one. Heat not an issue, the shade works fine controling that, and the gkass is so good at opening up the space when the weather allows you to pull the shade.

The windscreen... Well, I've never noticed it getting darker. The heating part worked great, but you can see the heater if you look closer, and you cannot unsee it.
ImageFirst Edition D300 HSE in Silver Flux Matte, Cete Automotive Active Sound, Pirelli Scorpion All Season tyres