Has anyone removed and re-installed the front grill?

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Kck77

Has anyone removed and re-installed the front grill?

Post by Kck77 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 am

Hey all, has anyone removed and re-installed the front grill. Is it as straight forward as it appears? I have ordered the black pack grill to replace the stock satin grey trimmed grill. Any info would be appreciated!

Thank you

Joss

Re: Has anyone removed and re-installed the front grill?

Post by Joss » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:12 am

I will be doing the same next week...getting new grill painted Santorini black to match the rest of the vehicle & would love to know if it is the same as the video i have seen of a Vogue grill change? Can't find any video on a Velar grill change so far :(
P380 HSE R Dynamic Black 22" Highly optioned

Kck77

Post by Kck77 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:33 am

Joss wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:12 am
I will be doing the same next week...getting new grill painted Santorini black to match the rest of the vehicle & would love to know if it is the same as the video i have seen of a Vogue grill change? Can't find any video on a Velar grill change so far :(
I will be doing to swap Friday... I looked into getting my satin grill painted Narvik black but my paint guy said by the time the entire surface area was sanded down, every nook and cranny, and then painted, the labour and multiple stage primer and paint would be creeping up to the cost of just buying the black pack grill (which my Land Rover parts dept sold to me for $500 cdn ) .. he also said, because of the placement and location of the front grill and the wear and tear it takes, the paint would eventually chip, crack and peel... these types of plastic molded materials are hard to have paint adher to. Your then left having to buy a new grill anyways. If I were you I would save yourself the hassle and just purchases the Narvik black grill... i assume your velar is Santorini black, and the Narvik black grill will match up just fine.

Kck77

Post by Kck77 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:00 am

I did the grill swap today.. removed the satin grey unit and replaced it with the black pack gloss black grill.. it took 5 minutes .. 8 screws/ clips on the top of the grill and that was it.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”