My installation took around 10 minutes, though I have done a few of these before.
- Torx or Allen key set
Optional plastic trim remover
1. Locate the passenger fuse box, and remove the cover plate to expose the fuses.
2. Lift up and off the door tread plate - This is very tight, a trim remover may assist, but ultimately pull it up firmly from each end from the inside edge of the car. There are 4 or 5 clips that should pop out, though expect one to break off. If one breaks this isn’t a major issue as the Tread plate will still refix securely
3. Pull off the door seal on the A pillar from the tread plate to the top of the door
4. Around the edge of the fuse box is a large gap, feed through this gap the EARTH lead and the POWER lead for the dash cam ( AS PICTURED ). They should feed through easily, if its a challenge tape them to the end of a long screwdriver and its then ,much easier to direct the leads behind the trim away from the fuse box.
5. When you removed the door tread plate you revealed a single TORX screw - use this as the EARTH POINT ( AS PICTURED )
This screw was not very tight, so an ALLEN key will suffice if no TORX tools are available.
6 Run the Dashcam power lead around the A pilar and behind the Upper A pillar trim, and press under the edge of the headliner on the edge of the windscreen
DO NOT RUN IT OVER THE A PILLAR AIR BAG - run it slightly above the air bag where the plastic trim is.
7. Insert fuse .
That’s it., tidy up the cables and refit removed parts.