Shocking customer service

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Ckvelar

Shocking customer service

Post by Ckvelar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Brand new velar has faulty seat with sagging leather. Booked into local dealer to get sorted on Dec 13th. Earliest they could do with a loan car available was 14th Jan... Ok don't mind waiting. Got a call Friday gone that loan car no longer available. So I try and explain that I need a loan car and have waited over 4 weeks for this date. They're not bothered... the earliest they now have is 13th Feb... 2 months to get an issue sorted that shouldn't be there in the first place!!!

Superfly

Re: Shocking customer service

Post by Superfly » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:30 pm

That is terrible! Have you tried using someone other than the dealer? For example, in Newcastle we have Stratstone but most of the staff left there and set up their own service centre. I always take my car to them for services, warranty work, etc as they actually care about the service they provide.

J77

Post by J77 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 pm

It is poor but the problem dealers have is the service department is choked full. I know mine is, as soon as a loan car is back it’s straight out again.

I’ve seen me arrange a 24hr test drive if the service dept don’t have a loan car.

My one will be a year old on the 25th January and I’m still getting software issues put right, all brought on by each update.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:04 pm

J77 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 pm
It is poor but the problem dealers have is the service department is choked full. I
Same dealership, my car needs engine stripped down or perhaps replaced due to faulty balancer shaft. Major fault and have to wait 1 month before loan car available so have to drive faulty car to end of January!

Have written to JLR about this and if repair not 100% then it gets rejected.

Maybe should have stuck with Mercedes rather than coming back to Land Rover :roll:
Velar S D240. Narvik Black - Scotland

J77

Post by J77 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm

I’m getting no joy from Cupar or Edinburgh regarding software update :evil:
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

Ckvelar

Post by Ckvelar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Mac wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:04 pm
J77 wrote:
It is poor but the problem dealers have is the service department is choked full. I
Same dealership, my car needs engine stripped down or perhaps replaced due to faulty balancer shaft. Major fault and have to wait 1 month before loan car available so have to drive faulty car to end of January!

Maybe should have stuck with Mercedes rather than coming back to Land Rover :roll:
If its a mechanical fault and car is not fit to drive you can get a loan car from land rover assist. They have their own fleet apparently.

Ckvelar

Post by Ckvelar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Superfly wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:30 pm
That is terrible! Have you tried using someone other than the dealer? For example, in Newcastle we have Stratstone but most of the staff left there and set up their own service centre. I always take my car to them for services, warranty work, etc as they actually care about the service they provide.
I haven't tbh... don't think we have that where I live to do warranty work...

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Ckvelar wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm
Mac wrote:
J77 wrote:

If its a mechanical fault and car is not fit to drive you can get a loan car from land rover assist. They have their own fleet apparently.
Previously my loan cars from Lr assist in Kent were supplied by enterprise car hire. Always got a good vehicle.
R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22&20” black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting, remote seat release,heated steering wheel

Spencerwilks

Post by Spencerwilks » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:48 pm

After the experience we had I would not let any dealer strip an engine due to the known problem of balance shaft causing whine. Insist on a new engine as our engine was plagued with oil leaks after the grease monkeys( sorry technitions ) messed about with it. This is a design fault with the ingenuim engine but in view of the cost cutting drive now in place at JLR they may resist fitting a new engine so be firm with your dealer.
2017 240 D Dynamic R. Firenze Red with blackpack and black wheels

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:29 am

Mac wrote:
J77 wrote:

Good Morning Mac

Thank you for you post

I am sorry to hear of the experience you have had so far, if you would like me to look into your situation and assist you further then please send me a PM with the following information.

Your vehicle identification number
Your personal contact details
The details of the retailer you have been corresponding with

Many Thanks

Dan - Land Rover UK

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”