Finally rejected and Returned

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Loz

Finally rejected and Returned

Post by Loz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:36 am

After 12 months of hell with the usual faults etc my D300 has finally been collected to go to auction by Land Rover Financial Services, Black Horse, Lloyds.

My posts on this forum paibtvthe typical picture. The FOS decided in my favour to reject vehicle with full deposit returned and a small portion of the monthly payments plus interest.

The car was my second Land Rover product and third JLR product. First was a RRS about 9 years ago. Ended up in bits at dealer workshop. I just told them to keep it and lost circa £ 20k. Was just under a year old when purchased.

I really liked the Velar but just could not live with the faults, poor build quality etc. I worried every time I drive the car, systems faukts, iPhone connectivity, static glitch noise. Awful build quality and poor quality components. The drivers seat looked like it was 3 plus years old.

I will be posting the registration and VIN number once the dust has settled in the hope that no one here ends up with the car. It had issues that 12 months, 11 weeks, 6 weeks, 4 weeks visits to dealer could not resolve. Suggests to me that they were not able to fix the car!

When I read the ongoing posts on this forum I am very thankful I no longer have the car. My Audi temporary car has not missed a beat. Works faultlessly, some what if a relief.

J77

Re: Finally rejected and Returned

Post by J77 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Mines a year old on the 25th of this month, I still have poor software, with no sign of it being resolved, dealer claims there is no new update, LR tell me my car has had an update, which yes it’s had 18b that brought on the problems I now have. On top of that it had a new shock absorber, recovered by LR Assist due to EGR problems, 2 new headlights and a door that’s out of alignment.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

Barachus

Post by Barachus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Good for you, I am glad it worked out in the end
I have always believed that if these LR cars do not come out of the factory near perfect, they will never be right, and the best thing to do is reject and walk away if it’s not a fault you can live with.
The dealers are completely clueless about fixing their cars.

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:25 pm

I fully understand why you have rejected the car, I hope JLR will learn to listen to their customers - we don't want perfection we just want a car that does what it is supposed to. If there are issues, then we want a sympathetic ear and the issues resolved without argument and in a reasonable time (days not weeks or months).

The Velar is (or should be) a good car and everyone that owns one should be able to enjoy that ownership, not spend large parts of their lives arguing that what they have bought is what they should expect to have, as opposed to having to go through hoops involving 3rd parties just to get what they should have simply by the entitlement that it is what they purchased.

Hopefully the car you get next will be a 'boring' purchase experience in that it will simply deliver what you expected.
December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

J77

Post by J77 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:59 pm

The Velar is a brilliant car let down by its manufacturer and their dealers. This is my 10th LR product so I’m no stranger to their cars quirky ways but I expect to have the support of the manufacturer after giving them repeated business. Which LR, take note, isn’t guaranteed it has to be earned.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:00 pm

It’s a shame soo many people have problems

Mine is perfect ( no smug face here ), and I am waiting for a hybrid version.
R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22&20” black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting, remote seat release,heated steering wheel

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”