Velar owners in Toronto, Canada

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Devil

Velar owners in Toronto, Canada

Post by Devil » Wed May 01, 2019 12:52 pm

So I was recently at my dealer and he was talking about how there's unofficial meetups here and there. And was wondering if I was part of one.

Disappointed, I said no I'm not.

Then I remembered a relative also hangs out with a group. They're all Maserati owners. I remember him telling me it isn't a formal "club" and they meet once or twice a month for a hang out at a coffee/brunch spot. It's pretty cool because he's now friends with many of them and some of them go golfing together in their city.

Which brings me to this...

Is there something like this in Toronto for Velar owners? I say Velar owners because the land rover guys have a club but I feel they don't jive with modern "fancy" range rover owners haha. And all Google shows me is these Land Rover clubs.

I wouldn't mind doing this at all. Everytime another Velar passes me.. I go "oooooh family!" Haha

Richie.A

Re: Velar owners in Toronto, Canada

Post by Richie.A » Wed May 01, 2019 10:54 pm

My buddy and I own hold our own unofficial meets at dinner as we both own Velars.

We're 2 hours from you, towards Windsor.

If you find something let me know, I'd be willing to make the trip to see what everyone has done to their velars.
  • 2007 Mustang V6 Conv
  • 2010 RR Sport HSE SC
  • 2012 Audi A6
  • 2018 RR Velar P380 First Edition

Devil

Post by Devil » Tue May 21, 2019 10:16 am

Richie.A wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:54 pm
My buddy and I own hold our own unofficial meets at dinner as we both own Velars.

If you find something let me know, I'd be willing to make the trip to see what everyone has done to their velars.
Absolutely! If there's a group that comes together here, it could be great. The Maserati dudes met up at a cigar lounge just last week and I thought it was cool.

Richie.A

Post by Richie.A » Fri May 24, 2019 9:02 pm

Devil wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:16 am
Richie.A wrote:

Absolutely! If there's a group that comes together here, it could be great. The Maserati dudes met up at a cigar lounge just last week and I thought it was cool.
I was in Toronto this week for the Collision Conference.
I think I saw 2 or 3 Velars in my time there, but I saw way more RR Sports.
  • 2007 Mustang V6 Conv
  • 2010 RR Sport HSE SC
  • 2012 Audi A6

Devil

Post by Devil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Richie.A wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:02 pm
Devil wrote:
Richie.A wrote:

Aw man! I was there too! Except I came for just a handful of talks; Shopify, Tim Draper, Founders Fund, Matthew Glosbach of Quizlet, and the lady of BroadbandTV. Had to walk out of some to go into the other haha.

Yes, tons of RR Sport I see, and they look at the Velar too. Velar is much sexier!

Richie.A

Post by Richie.A » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:05 pm

Devil wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 pm
Richie.A wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:02 pm
Devil wrote:

Aw man! I was there too! Except I came for just a handful of talks; Shopify, Tim Draper, Founders Fund, Matthew Glosbach of Quizlet, and the lady of BroadbandTV. Had to walk out of some to go into the other haha.

Yes, tons of RR Sport I see, and they look at the Velar too. Velar is much sexier!
It was definitely a bit disorganized and hectic at the conference.
The internet was unstable, all the demos at the booths weren't working it was a huge piss off.
  • 2007 Mustang V6 Conv
  • 2010 RR Sport HSE SC
  • 2012 Audi A6

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”