Subwoofer access

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Trinivelar

Subwoofer access

Post by Trinivelar » Tue May 14, 2019 5:43 am

Hey guys new velar owner here I got black se-250 r dynamic and 850 watt meridian was wondering if anyone knows how to get to the factory sub thinking about adding some extra low end to the sound system which isn't bad but the subwoofer lacks real low end ...

Thanks!

basel

Re: Subwoofer access

Post by basel » Tue May 14, 2019 11:26 am

I agree with you ... the bass of this plant is very poor ... I'd like to know if it's accessible to replace it
Velar P250 SE

fatmanz

Post by fatmanz » Tue May 14, 2019 6:17 pm

As far as I can tell, the subwoofer is located behind the Loadspace Side Trim Panel (on the LHS for RHD cars at least), number 7 on this diagram.

speakers.jpg

That panel is quite difficult to remove as you need to remove the door seal, seatbelt and the interior panels from the rear passenger seat as well as the floor of the boot to get to it.

There may also be a dedicated subwoofer amp behind that panel so you might be able to get a signal wire from there to run your own amp+sub in the boot.

subamp.jpg

If you do end up removing the panels and taking a look please post some pictures here so we can also see.
P300, R-Dynamic S, Narvik Black, 21" 1033 Dark Grey, Air Suspension, Extended Leather, toys...

basel

Post by basel » Wed May 15, 2019 6:23 am

I thank you for the diagram but I'm afraid I'll never try to take it apart ... too difficult ...
Velar P250 SE

Trinivelar

Post by Trinivelar » Thu May 16, 2019 3:24 am

Awesome info here thank you!yes I do not intend to remove it just need a signal wire as the battery is in the trunk it would make like pretty easy to add an additional 8" or sub for some good low end.

Now just to get to it !

inn
fatmanz wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:17 pm
As far as I can tell, the subwoofer is located behind the Loadspace Side Trim Panel (on the LHS for RHD cars at least), number 7 on this diagram.

speakers.jpg

That panel is quite difficult to remove as you need to remove the door seal, seatbelt and the interior panels from the rear passenger seat as well as the floor of the boot to get to it.

There may also be a dedicated subwoofer amp behind that panel so you might be able to get a signal wire from there to run your own amp+sub in the boot.

subamp.jpg

If you do end up removing the panels and taking a look please post some pictures here so we can also see.

JonnyVTEC

Post by JonnyVTEC » Sat May 18, 2019 1:45 pm

The subwoofer is actually in the wheel arch zone anove the wheel arch liner and not in the boot behind the trim. All you see from inside the car is the subwoofer hole/port.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”