Couple of queries

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Dani80

Couple of queries

Post by Dani80 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Strangely over the last few weeks on two occasions the ‘no overtaking’ road sign has come up on my digital dash- below the gear indicator on the rev counter. This has only happened a few random times. Should I be seeing road signs more regularly or does this indicator mean something else?

Also recently when driving at slow speed with the window down, I have noticed a hissing sound coming from the front right side of the car- tyres are fine. Is this normal?
MY2019 Velar D180 R-Dynamic SE
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass
Ambient Lighting

Dani80

Re: Couple of queries

Post by Dani80 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:37 pm

Any ideas folks??
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass
Ambient Lighting

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Mon May 27, 2019 8:29 pm

I have had the No-Overtaking sign come up on my dashboard appropriately when I pass a No-Overtaking sign)
However as the following 'No-Overtaking' sign with [END] as required by the highway code is often missing on most UK roads, the dashboard sign stays on longer than needed but then cancels after a short time.

I have not had any hissing sounds from any wheel. Might be worth checking out but if you have not had any air-suspension or tyre faults, then I am not sure what it could be,
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2018 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

RobG

Post by RobG » Mon May 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Hissing sound. Does this happen when you accelerate? Cold be the turbo spinning up. If so, normal.

Dani80

Post by Dani80 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:46 am

SpokenHands wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:29 pm
I have had the No-Overtaking sign come up on my dashboard appropriately when I pass a No-Overtaking sign)
However as the following 'No-Overtaking' sign with [END] as required by the highway code is often missing on most UK roads, the dashboard sign stays on longer than needed but then cancels after a short time.

I have not had any hissing sounds from any wheel. Might be worth checking out but if you have not had any air-suspension or tyre faults, then I am not sure what it could be,
Thanks Spokenhands. Do you get other street signs on the dash? I get the speed limit over on the left hand side of the dash, but apart from that I've only seen the overtaking sign a couple of times on the other side.
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass
Ambient Lighting

Bottom

Post by Bottom » Thu May 30, 2019 12:35 pm

I've seen this too, only on one specific bit of road though... most odd. It's also a place with double white lines and no prospect of overtaking anyway!

Dani80

Post by Dani80 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:05 pm

RobG wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:44 pm
Hissing sound. Does this happen when you accelerate? Cold be the turbo spinning up. If so, normal.
Yes, only on acceleration. Doesn't sound like the turbo spinning, more like the hiss of an airleak.
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass
Ambient Lighting

RobG

Post by RobG » Thu May 30, 2019 9:22 pm

Turbos generally make a more whistle sound so it could be a Possible an air leek from the turbo to the inlet manifold somwhere if its a more hiss air sound, Probably best for a JLR tech have a listen and check hoses etc...

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”