New Member - Order placed

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Nickp

New Member - Order placed

Post by Nickp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:03 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and say what a great forum this is. All the contributions have been a very valuable hive of information in helping me with my order decision making.

After many years in BMW cars I have this week ordered the following on business contract hire:-

P250 R-Dynamic SE
Eiger Grey metallic
Light Oyster & Ebony Interior
Oyster Headlining
Argento Pinstripe veneer
Fixed Panoramic sunroof
Privacy Glass
Configurable ambient lighting

Anticipated delivery is towards the end of September which hopefully will time nicely with my 730d going back.

Looking forward to participating in the forum as the wait begins and really looking forward to my first Range Rover :D
Ordered for Sept delivery:

MY20 P250 R-Dynamic SE Metallic Eiger Grey, Oyster/Ebony interior, Black Pack, Fixed Pano Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Config Interior Lighting and Argento Pinstripe Veneer.

melbarro

Re: New Member - Order placed

Post by melbarro » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:03 am

Hi Nickp,
Im sure you'll be very happy with your Velar when you get it.
You've gone for the same color combo as me (outside and inside) - in particular, I think the interior look in the RDynamic models is vastly improved by changing the headlining color from the default Ebony, to Light Oyster (like the non RDynamic models).
The ebony/oyster interior and oyster headling with panoramic look is IMO a very classy look.
Cheers
P300 RDynamic HSE corris, sliding pano roof, laser led headlights, 20" diamond cut wheels, air susp, full ext leather, HUD, surround cameras, activity bracelet, config interior lighting, DAB, rear heated seats.

Nickp

Post by Nickp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Thanks melbarro,

The exterior colour choice has been the biggest issue with no Eiger Grey Velars yet seen in the flesh! I think you're spot on about the interior looking classy with the oyster headlining, as soon as we sat in one compared to the ebony we were sold.

MY20 P250 R-Dynamic SE Metallic Eiger Grey, Oyster/Ebony interior, Black Pack, Fixed Pano Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Config Interior Lighting and Argento Pinstripe Veneer.

kangaman

Post by kangaman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Nickp wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:47 pm
Thanks melbarro,

The exterior colour choice has been the biggest issue with no Eiger Grey Velars yet seen in the flesh! I think you're spot on about the interior looking classy with the oyster headlining, as soon as we sat in one compared to the ebony we were sold.
G'day Nickp,

I'm in the same boat i.e Eiger colour - see my posts - it might help...

I'd love to do the Combi of Oyster - however with 3 children in the back - when we ordered the wife said 'it will be a nightmare to keep clean' I'm hoping with the fixed Pany roof it won't be so dark for me ;)
Delivery 1st Sept(69) D300 HSE / R Dynamic Black Pack / Eiger Grey with Black contrast roof & Gloss 9007 22" Alloys / Fixed Pano roof / Priv Glass / 360 camera / Heated Steering Wheel & the normal HSE goodies!

Nickp

Post by Nickp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:02 pm

HI Kangaman,

Your posts were extremely helpful in trying to visualise what Eiger grey would look like on the Velar, and comparing it to the current colours. Thanks for doing the research! :) I've actually seen an Eiger grey Velar on Instagram this weekend and there's a few videos of the SVA version on youtube with Eiger grey paintwork.

I'm lucky I guess that I don't have to worry about "mucky fingers" touching the oyster headling ;)

Return to “Introductions”