Battery issues

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
lstritzel

Battery issues

Post by lstritzel » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:35 am

Bought my 2019 Range Rover Velar in November 2018, May 25, 2019, go to start my car and its completely dead. I drive this car every day. No warning the day before. I have it towed into the dealership[. They say its some component but aren't for sure. They replace it and return the car to me. June 12, 2019, again, won't start. Dead. I jump it and drive it to the dealership. They can't find anything wrong. They tell me I need to lock it while its in my garage so everything goes to sleep. I've never done this before with any car I've ever leased (and I've had quite a few). I don't see why the first battery lasted 6 months and the 2nd one only lasted 2.5 weeks. Anyone else having this problem? I'm really frustrated. This is my first Range Rover and will probably be my last.

AnthHFC

Re: Battery issues

Post by AnthHFC » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:31 am

I know there's another lad had the same issue on this site and it was because he never locked it in his garage. loads of tech on this car so need to shut it down. Not sure why people wouldn't lock the car in the garage anyway as my brothers car got stolen from his garage.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

MITO

Post by MITO » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Check the following: lock the car and make sure the red light in the emergency hazard light button (red triangle on top of the console between the air vents) turns off (can take 10-15 mins). If it doesn't then the electronics aren't shutting down properly and will drain your battery. Someone on here had this issue as well.

yasmar

Post by yasmar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:52 pm

lstritzel wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:35 am
Bought my 2019 Range Rover Velar in November 2018, May 25, 2019, go to start my car and its completely dead. I drive this car every day. No warning the day before. I have it towed into the dealership[. They say its some component but aren't for sure. They replace it and return the car to me. June 12, 2019, again, won't start. Dead. I jump it and drive it to the dealership. They can't find anything wrong. They tell me I need to lock it while its in my garage so everything goes to sleep. I've never done this before with any car I've ever leased (and I've had quite a few). I don't see why the first battery lasted 6 months and the 2nd one only lasted 2.5 weeks. Anyone else having this problem? I'm really frustrated. This is my first Range Rover and will probably be my last.
You’ve probably not had such a hi tech car before with so much electronics. Lock your car it’s a known issue it’s not a fault Lock it!
MY19.5 2.0D 180 R-Dynamic S Velar in Firenze Red with panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20" Black 7 split-spoke alloys (7014)
Gone MY16.5 DS HSE 2.0 Litre Diesel Automatic

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”