SOTA / 19b

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
MITO

Re: SOTA / 19b

Post by MITO » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:45 pm

My car is in for its annual service today. Without me asking them, they said they would perform a software update to enable SOTA so I guess this is being rolled out to all vehicles as they come in for service. I'm currently on 19A4, so will see whether 19B is installed when I collect the car.

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:58 pm

There is no software update to enable SOTA, you already have the software installed. It’s just not enabled at the LR end. They can enable it remotely without you needing to go to the dealer. Service or otherwise.

What they should be saying is LR have told dealers to enable SOTA for any Velar that comes into the dealership for a service or drive in attention.

All they do is use their TOPIx system to flick the enable switch.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 (1st Range Rover and my 10th LR now)
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

MITO

Post by MITO » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 am

Simonh wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:58 pm
There is no software update to enable SOTA, you already have the software installed. It’s just not enabled at the LR end. They can enable it remotely without you needing to go to the dealer. Service or otherwise.

What they should be saying is LR have told dealers to enable SOTA for any Velar that comes into the dealership for a service or drive in attention.

All they do is use their TOPIx system to flick the enable switch.
That makes more sense. In any case, they installed 19B and we'll see if SOTA works when a new version becomes available. At least they are now flicking the switch for people as part of servicing.

RobG

Post by RobG » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:32 am

Running 19B updated from (18C then 19A). Infotainment very stable, faster boot up, quicker response on the radio controls. AND no popping on the radio AT LAST!!!!

Matty

Post by Matty » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:11 am

I have SOTA enabled on my car but no updates are available when I search. Currently on 19A which I installed OTA.
R-Dynamic SE
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass

andybanks

Post by andybanks » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:50 am

Matty wrote:I have SOTA enabled on my car but no updates are available when I search. Currently on 19A which I installed OTA.
I'm the same. Although I'm not too concerned as the rejection has been accepted and I'm just waiting to give it back now.

Wouldn't mind a few crackle free miles before it goes however.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Matty wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:11 am
I have SOTA enabled on my car but no updates are available when I search. Currently on 19A which I installed OTA.
Call the dealer and have them double check its still activated at LR's end. Mine was activated and I received some 19A updates. 19B however never appeared. Called my dealer and they checked the system and made sure again SOTA was active. Get your's to check.

Once they did this, 19B appeared almost immediately.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 (1st Range Rover and my 10th LR now)
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

punkatron1

Post by punkatron1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:45 am

andybanks wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:50 am
Matty wrote:I have SOTA enabled on my car but no updates are available when I search. Currently on 19A which I installed OTA.
I'm the same. Although I'm not too concerned as the rejection has been accepted and I'm just waiting to give it back now.

Wouldn't mind a few crackle free miles before it goes however.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
If you're rejecting because of the audio crackle then I wouldn't update to 19B as this is technically the fix.

andybanks

Post by andybanks » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:56 am

Audio crackle is just one of the many faults they've accepted. Delays on reversing camera, constantly rebooting software, car rolling back when setting off on hills, knocking from front shock absorber (needs a software update apparently!), intermittent internal lights...

The rejection has been agreed and confirmed in writing. I am now just awaiting the financial ombudsman response as my lease company have only offered an early termination rather than a full refund.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”