Siri Gone AWOL

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
MarcusGVA

Siri Gone AWOL

Post by MarcusGVA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:11 am

Hi everyone,

We’re into our first month of Velar ownership and 1700 km. Car is doing great, no issues to speak of except for the fact that Siri seems to have gone into hiding!

Until about a week ago, with ACP active I could just call up Siri by saying the usual “hey, Siri”, and presto there she was.

Alas, no more. Could the reason be that I updated my iPhone to IOS 13? Also, if I check WhatsApp or iMessages, or make or receive a call, I need to restart any audio source afterwards. Makes sense?

Thanks for any insights you may have!
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, and more of that jazz ...

MarcusGVA

Re: Siri Gone AWOL

Post by MarcusGVA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:02 pm

Anybody?
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, and more of that jazz ...

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:34 pm

I’ve had the same issue and I posted on here that it wasn’t working at all, yet others said they had no issues.

I’ve got Hey Siri working now but there’s a dreadful lag between me giving the command her her actually replying etc.

Much quicker by pressing the button on the steering wheel.

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Thanks for the response. But how do you get Siri to respond to the voice button on the steering wheel??? When I push it, I get the JLR “voice”.

I should also state that I have not upgraded to 19b yet, as JLR in Switzerland has not yet released the update due to “issues”.

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 pm

You connecting to Apple CarPlay yes?

It’s a long press on the voice button

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:44 pm

I’ve only just started using ACP in my Velar (1 month old). There is a lag between calling out to Siri but no more than I’ve experienced with it before. (I’m on 19a and iOS 13.1.2). Is it just when you call to Siri or when you ask it to do a task? If task based do you have good cell signal? A lot of tasks require Siri to be online and in the past I’ve had delays when in a 3G area.

I didn’t know the long button press shortcut so will try that tomorrow. :)
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:23 am

ACP starts up automatically upon starting the car. For now, Siri only kicks in when I go to my Messages or WhatsApp, at which point she tells me there are new messages, whether I want her to read these and reply, etc. But no luck calling her anymore. I'll try and press the voice button longer, and see if it works. Thanks, all.

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Ive had this problem since ios13 update and new CarPlay interface, Ive found i need to press the voice command button longer otherwise the Land Rover voice command kicks in. iOS issue not Velar i reckon
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 pm

I just say ‘Hey Siri’ and it just works as always through the cars speakers as it’s always done. Running latest iOS 13 release and 19B.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 (1st Range Rover and my 10th LR now)
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Return to “Faults & Technical”