Heater issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
MarcusGVA

Heater issues

Post by MarcusGVA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:52 pm

After boasting today that our 1 month old Velar had no issues other than a Siri gone AWOL, I now unfortunately have to ask you all whether you have had issues with your heater system.

The heater in the Velar alternates between hot and cold continuously! Turning up or down the temperature works for a little while before it randomly decides to turn up or down the heat.

Sounds familiar?

Getting a little apprehensive here ...
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, and more of that jazz ...

Nunp

Re: Heater issues

Post by Nunp » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Sounds familiar and upon taking to the dealer for investigation it was blowing out the correct temperature. If find this is worse when ventilation is focused to the windscreen. I’ve also found if you switch on auto for a while it recalibrates itself.
D180 R-Dynamic SE in Corris Grey, 21 10 Spoke Satin Grey alloys, Privacy glass, Ebony grained leather, Fixed panoramic sunroof, Smartphone pack, No Roof Rails, No Derivative and/or Engine Badge

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Thanks! Yes, this seems to happen particularly when blowing onto the windscreen, bit which also blows the air out of the side vents.

Will give the Auto mode another chance, otherwise it will be a first trip back to the dealer, I’m afraid ☹️
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, and more of that jazz ...

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:18 am

Yup. Mine after reaching the set temperature starts to blow freezing cold air from the factory vents. Never does this car maintain a comfortable temperature.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 (1st Range Rover and my 10th LR now)
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Robby334

Post by Robby334 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:16 am

I found that you must keep on auto to avoid issues.

Crabacle

Post by Crabacle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:43 am

Get it reported to your garage. There’s a software fix apparently to recalibrate it.
Evoque..... Disco Sport....... Velar........ Glutton for punishment.....

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:19 am

Thanks, all. Will take it to the dealer/garage and see whether they have the software fix. This morning I had it on auto throughout my morning commute. Played with different temp settings but it didn't even kick in this time.

icingonthecake

Post by icingonthecake » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:27 am

Yes, we also have this issue... Relieved to hear it’s not just me. I thought I was going mad!

Just curious, on a slightly related issue... Does anyone else have a problem with the windscreen ‘fogging’ constantly? No matter what I try nothing seems to help (apart from physically wiping down).

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 pm

I’ve had my AC blow hot air randomly (roughly 3 times this summer) until I switch the temperature to “Lo,” which corrected the issue almost immediately. Have my 2 year service on Wednesday, so will have them check it out and report back.

Regarding the fogging issue, there was a recall back in early ‘08 for a valve that was faulty and caused all the windows to fog with defrost setting doing essentially nothing to fix. Have a look here and see if your VIN is impacted in Topix: https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1159

-Jake
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Return to “Faults & Technical”