Custom brakes?

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
geniusloci

Custom brakes?

Post by geniusloci » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Since the F-Pace SVR and the new Velar SVA obviously have much, much better brakes (huge calipers on 395mm discs) - has anyone found a way to retrofit a high performance set on the Velar?

I know of the AP Racing kit (there s a user that upgraded his front brakes on the F-Pace with it), but I hope JLR did't go to the extent of engineering a completely new solution for the F-Pace and the Velar when they have performance brakes on the RR Sport and Range Rover (at least two types, regular TRW and Brembo for the upgraded brakes).

Or may be it's something totally specific an used only on these two vehicles? Does anyone know where I can see the parts for the Jag SVR or the Velar SVA (if it's not too early for the Velar)?

And yeah, I do hate the brakes, no grip, soft yet locking at the end... Plus everything rusts as if nobody bothered coating it.
Idk, may be I've expected much more.
ImageFirst Edition D300 HSE in Silver Flux Matte, Cete Automotive Active Sound, Pirelli Scorpion All Season tyres

GSudhir

Re: Custom brakes?

Post by GSudhir » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:20 pm

You are very right about the rusting all around the edges of the brake discs...!
Wifey drives a Q3, and I don't see a single spec of rust on the brake discs!
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys
Pano sun roof
Configurable ambient lighting
360 camera
Windsor perforated leather- heated, cooled massage seats

geniusloci

Re: Custom brakes?

Post by geniusloci » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:53 am

Mine see to rust faster than you can remove the rust. The Mazda6 I had before sat outside in the mud a whole winter and apart from minor rusty sheen on the disc surface, nothing changed.
ImageFirst Edition D300 HSE in Silver Flux Matte, Cete Automotive Active Sound, Pirelli Scorpion All Season tyres

Return to “Faults & Technical”