Security suggestion for all Velar owners

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
tspdavey

Security suggestion for all Velar owners

Post by tspdavey » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi all.

As per another recent thread there were questions regarding automatic locking of the doors after a set period, if you forget to lock the car. Confirmed with JLR this is not possible.

What is possible however is the next best thing - activating the perimeter alarm system. This *has* to be done by the dealer, it is not the default for the car. For more info search the manual or iGUIDE. Image

Once activated, if you forget to lock the car and walk away with key (I’ve done this twice, one of those times it was ransacked - idiot me!) it will after one minute lock the boot, bonnet and fuel filler with a corresponding hazard light flash, and arm the alarm. At the very least if someone opens a door the alarm will be triggered, rather than the current default behaviour which - amazingly - is silence.

The more you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tspdavey

Re: Security suggestion for all Velar owners

Post by tspdavey » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:15 pm

tspdavey wrote:Hi all.

As per another recent thread there were questions regarding automatic locking of the doors after a set period, if you forget to lock the car. Confirmed with JLR this is not possible.

What is possible however is the next best thing - activating the perimeter alarm system. This *has* to be done by the dealer, it is not the default for the car. For more info search the manual or iGUIDE. Image

Once activated, if you forget to lock the car and walk away with key (I’ve done this twice, one of those times it was ransacked - idiot me!) it will after one minute lock the boot, bonnet and fuel filler with a corresponding hazard light flash, and arm the alarm. At the very least if someone opens a door the alarm will be triggered, rather than the current default behaviour which - amazingly - is silence.

The more you know.

PS if you want to leave your kid or dog in there briefly (eg petrol station) you can deactivate the alarm (“just once”) via the settings menu.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”