Navigation - Search Offline

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
liben96

Navigation - Search Offline

Post by liben96 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone know why every-time i search something in the navigation screen (address, restaurant, hotel)... it says "searching offline".

The car is connected to my phone's internet... so it has WiFi.

Thanks.

Simonh

Re: Navigation - Search Offline

Post by Simonh » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Maybe it only uses the car built in SIM as its part of the Pro Services option?
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 (1st Range Rover and my 10th LR now)
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Arianne

Re: Navigation - Search Offline

Post by Arianne » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:33 pm

liben96 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 am
Hi guys,

Does anyone know why every-time i search something in the navigation screen (address, restaurant, hotel)... it says "searching offline".

The car is connected to my phone's internet... so it has WiFi.

Thanks.
Hi there, your phone isn’t being used as a hotspot for the SatNav. If you want live traffic updates, online searching, links to TripAdvisor etc then you need to have a data SIM installed in the slot inside the central armrest storage box.

There’s another thread running live at the moment about the data SIM with some recommendations about which ones to buy. I have just bought a 24Gb, 12 month data SIM from EE for £42. It means I don’t need to worry about data use, can use the car as a 4G wifi hotspot for other devices and will never run out while trying to navigate the junctions around the Brussels’ 99 Ring while on our way to Austria in a few weeks for skiing. Priceless, as they say!

Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, full leather pack, summer / winter tyres & the important cup holder cover!

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”